Friday, February 1, 2019

Thursday, January 31, 2019


I got up once during the night, woke up at 7:30 and got up at 8am.

I got a message from Bryan, Jim’s private driver.  He said “good morning sr terry, his brother if he comes on the road today true”.  I assume he is wanting to know if Jim made his flight.  I texted him that I had chatted with my brother at 8pm last night on his way to the airport.

I checked his flight online and he’s on time.  I communicated that to Bryan and asked him to text me when they are leaving the airport and I would then wait for them outside my building.

I traded texts with Bryan and Jim.  I understood all his words but not the meaning of “you tell me to wait outside the door for one who has already passed in the car to pick it up”.  Bryan then texted me that he got stopped by the police and they are checking his papers.  I finally gave Jim Bryan’s phone number so hopefully he can contact him directly.  After that I didn’t hear back from either of them so I assume they connected and he’s on his way.

I went outside the guard shack where I sat on a bench.  They arrived about 15 minutes later and I guided them into the garage to our elevator.  We dropped off his bags in his room and he gave me my gifts (some requested, some not): 6 bags of salted-in-the-shell peanuts, 3 bottles of root beer, 2 packages of small tubes of super glue, a bottle of Excedrin Migraine, a package of chocolate chip cookie mix, a package of 6 Sensodyne toothbrushes, and a bottle of Acetaminophen for Esmeralda.

We walked up to Avenida Poblado where we took a bus to a block from Parque Envigado.  We had a nice lunch at Bartolos then went to the bookstore where I exchanged my paperback for another.  We walked to Pagos Internacionales where Jim picked up some cash he had sent himself via World Remit.  We went to La Casita Parilla where he was reunited with Diego, Mateo, and Christian.  We had drinks and then took a taxi back to the apt.

Teresa, having just returned from getting a doctor’s appointment at Nueva eps, met us at the guard house.  We walked over to the pool and Jim got to see the gym with the exercise cycles.

About 7pm we walked up to Chiclayo in Buena Mesa for dinner.  
We all enjoyed our dinners for 122,870 including tax, tip and Jim’s 2 beers.

We were back at the apt by 9pm.


Joke of the day
John and David were both patients in a Mental Hospital. One day, while they were walking, they passed the hospital swimming pool and John suddenly dove into the deep end. He sank to the bottom and stayed there.

David promptly jumped in and saved him, swimming to the bottom of the pool and pulling John out.

The medical director came to know of David's heroic act. He immediately ordered that David be discharged from the hospital as he now considered him to be OK.

The doctor said, "David, we have good news and bad news for you! The good news is that we are going to discharge you because you have regained your sanity. Since you were able to jump in and save another patient, you must be mentally stable. The bad news is that the patient that you saved hung himself in the bathroom and died after all."

David replied, "Doctor, John didn't hang himself. I hung him there to dry."

No comments:

Post a Comment