Thursday, February 7, 2019

Wednesday, February 6, 2019


Last night I slept well, getting up once during the night finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

My brother and I had a 15mil breakfast at the Up restaurant in the Epic hotel in Poblado.  The food was okay but the view was incredible.

We took a taxi to Mall Laureles where we had coffee at Le Biscuit. We saw Lucas working there.  I went downstairs to the men's room where I bought 3 packages of travel toilet paper.

We took a Circular Sur 302 bus to Aguacatala station.  We stopped at Herman’s orange juice stand but he wasn’t there.

We had lunch at La Bahia for 12mil each.

We went across the street to the mall where I bought 2 pillows and a pair of “chip clips” in Home Center.

We went upstairs to Sinko Bar where Jim had a couple glasses of wine and I had a cold mandarine juice.

In the evening we walked up to Otra Parte where we had a delicious dinner outside.

Joke of the day
Mick, from Dublin, appeared on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and towards the end of the program, he had already won 500,000 Euros.
"You've done very well so far," said Chris Tarrant, the show's presenter, "but for a million Euros you've only got one life-line left, phone a friend. Everything is riding on this question. Will you go for it?"
"Sure," said Mick. "I'll have a go!"
"Which of the following birds does NOT build its own nest?
a) Sparrow
b) Thrush,
c) Magpie,
d) Cuckoo?"
"I haven't got a clue." said Mick, ''So I'll use my last lifeline and phone my friend Paddy back home in Dublin .."
Mick called up his mate, and told him the circumstances and repeated the question to him.
"Fookin hell, Mick!" cried Paddy. "Dat's simple it's a cuckoo."
"Are you sure?"
"I'm fookin sure."
Mick hung up the phone and told Chris, "I'll go with cuckoo as my answer."
"Is that your final answer?" asked Chris.
"Dat it is."
There was a long, long pause and then the presenter screamed, "Cuckoo is the correct answer! Mick, you've won 1 million Euros!"
The next night, Mick went round to Paddy's to buy him a drink.
"Tell me, Paddy? How in Heaven's name did you know it was da Cuckoo that doesn't build its own nest?"
"Because he lives in a Fookin clock!"

No comments:

Post a Comment