Sunday, February 17, 2019

Saturday, February 16, 2019


Last night I slept very well only waking up once at 5:30 finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Laura told us that she had a date with a gringo last night – dinner and dancing.  She said she met him in a restaurant the weekend before.  She sent a photo and he looks cute. I understand she has another date with him tonight.

We all had breakfast in the apt.

They had a private driver named Carlos Andres Arboleda 315 766 1212 take their large suitcases and the 4 of us to the Dann Carlton Bilfort.  He waited downstairs while they moved their suitcases into their rooms.  I noticed the pool was empty and Jim found out that it’s closed until Monday.

Back downstairs we piled into Carlos nice comfortable car.  At the toll booth on the way to El Retiro we found that the roads are closed because of the 7th and final stage of the bicycle race that will be from El Retiro to Medellin tomorrow.  I understood even the roads to the airport are closed.  What?  Carlos said that there will not be a Ciclovia tomorrow because of it.

We discussed some alternate activities and finally settled on a personal tour of Comuna 13 (which used to be the most dangerous Medellin neighborhood during the time of Pablo Escobar).

He dropped us off outside a café and then went to park the car.  The others had a tinto (American coffee) and I had a café con leche (coffee with milk).  About 10 minutes later we took a couple of the outdoor escalators up to another café where we gathered around a table and drank cool drinks.  I noticed a photo of Bill Clinton that was taken in the same location.  I saw that they sell custom made t-shirts for 40mil so I ordered one in large.  Fifteen minutes later it was ready for pickup.

I asked Carlos why my cellphone doesn’t work even though it says I have a balance of 19,000 pesos.  He said I need to put more money into my account.  Maybe it expires if not used in a certain period of time?

We took a few more escalators, 5 in total, up to the summit where we had a beautiful view of Medellin.

We returned to the car and Carlos took us back to their hotel.

Carlos dropped me off at the apt about 2:30 and as I was walking into the garage I felt a raindrop.

I tried on the new t-shirt and it was too small.  It must be Colombian large not American large.  Aargh!

About 2:45pm we had a heavy rainfall with strong winds that lasted about 45 minutes.

Teresa informed me that Airin left behind 3 dresses and a hat in her closet.

MT called and informed us that she is coming over.

Among new movies opening in the US, I would like to see Instant Family (7.6) and Alita: Battle Angel (7.6) might be interesting to see in Imax or Dynamix.  Alita: Battle Angel (7.6), Second Act (6.0), and The Mule (7.2) are playing locally.

MT came over about 5pm and she had a letter from SS with her.  She said she received it only a couple weeks ago but the date on the letter was October 4th.  I asked her the few questions on the survey, she signed and dated it and I’ll stop at Envios Market to send it back to the US.  I just had a flash of inspiration – I’ll give it to my brother and he can put a stamp on it and mail it when he gets back home.  That will save her like $10 that it would cost to Fed-Ex it from here.

I understand Wilson is asking MT for my recipe so she can make oatmeal cookies for him.

About 5:30 Teresa and MT left to go shopping at El Tesoro mall.

Teresa returned at 9:15.  I understand she didn’t find anything she liked but they stopped in a restaurant and shared a sandwich.

Joke of the day
There was a shipwreck and only Scarlett Johansson and some random guy survived on a desert island. 
They didn't know each other before the shipwreck, but he did know who she was.
At the beginning it was hard, but as time passed, this guy learned how to provide food and shelter, he started taking care of her, and eventually she started caring about him... after all, there wasn't anybody else on the island.
He eventually built a cabin, had a functioning automatic potable water supply, and all sorts of little clever commodities, all done to make her life easier... it was the most effort any man had ever done for her, and all the hard work made him fit, she noticed this.
One night after some wildlife attacked and he defended her successfully, getting a few cuts in the process, she threw herself at him and they made love. After that, they were for all intents and purposes "romantically dating".
But for some reason he started drifting away, something was bothering him. And she noticed.
"Whats wrong?" Scarlett asked. "Nothing..." he would always reply.
She pestered him for a while eventually saying she would do ANYTHING he needed or wanted to make him feel good again, just because she really cared for him a lot, and even if he wasn't asking, she felt it was the least she owed it to him.
"Really? You'll do anything I'd like?"
"Yes," she said. "Anything!"
"Okay, first i want you to take off your toga and get into this pair of work jeans that somehow washed up on the shore."
"Okay..."
"Now put this shirt on please, but first, "tape" your boobs so they are flat."
"Wha... Okay, I said I'd do anything," she said lovingly.
"Okay, now take this hat and wear it, but tuck your hair under it."
She was confused, but none the less, she wanted to make him happy. So she tucked her hair under the hat.
"Now I'd like for you to grab this piece of soot and paint yourself a beard and a mustache."
"Okay, if this is what you want," she muttered.
"Now, please, put on these sunglasses, and start walking down the beach. I'll catch up to you in a bit!" he said a bit excited.
She started walking, wondering, doubting herself, just confused about what had just happened. Maybe it wasn't her, maybe it was h- and suddenly the guy grabs her by her shoulder turns her around and says:
"DUDE!!!  You won't believe who I've been sleeping with for the past 6 months!"

No comments:

Post a Comment