Saturday, February 16, 2019

Thursday, February 14, 2019


Happy Valentines Day!

We packed up our swimsuits and from 9 to 9:30 took a taxi to Mall Laureles.

As we entered we saw the owner of Dia De Sol sitting at a table.  Teresa talked to him and we learned that he no longer can provide transportation to and from his resort; something about a change in government regulations.

I saw Lucas working there and I also saw Dario in a business meeting with 3 young Colombians.

We took a taxi back to the apt so we could all change clothes.

Then we took the metro bus to the metro to Parque Berrio.  We had coffee in their little outdoor cafĂ© then walked down Carabobo to the little shops downtown.  I stopped at a pharmacy and asked if they had pycnogenol.  I was sent down a side street to a health food store.  They didn’t have it either but a guy there recommended something called Turbo by Healthy America – 60 tablets for 40,900.

We went inside San Antonio station where we took the metro to Acevedo and transferred to the cable car line.  Just before arriving at Parque Arvi I noticed via my app that we topped out at 8,339 feet.  At the park we took an effectivo car to Hotel Piedras Blancas for 15mil.

While having a delicious lunch we heard some metal banging and felt the floor move.  We found out later that at 4:09pm we had experienced a 4.5 earthquake.  We took an effectivo car back to the park entrance.  As the cable car headed back to the metro it suddenly stopped.  But it started again after about a minute.  One of the Colombians in our car was Carlos who spoke English.  He goes to Boston every summer and operates an ice cream truck then spends December through March back in Medellin.

We took the metro to Ayura station where we took a taxi back to the apt.

I had my first swim in the complex pool with Joan and Airin.  We all had to wear swimming caps.  The water was warm but hopefully it will be cooler in the morning.

We took a taxi to Antica Pizza then afterwards walked the 7 blocks to Mercado de Tranvia.  Jim and the other ladies had wine while Teresa and I had a cup of cheesecake yogurt.

Joke of the day
Have you ever been guilty of looking at others your own age and thinking, surely I can't look that old.
My name is Mary, and I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new dentist. I noticed his diploma on the wall, which bore his full name. Suddenly, I remembered a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 30-odd years ago. Could he be the same guy that I had a secret crush on way back then?
Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought. This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate. After he examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended Morgan Park High School .
"Yes. Yes, I did. I'm a mustang," he gleamed with pride.
"When did you graduate?" I asked.
"In 1975. Why do you ask?"
"You were in my class!" I exclaimed.
He looked at me closely. Then, that ugly, old, balding, wrinkled faced, fat-assed, gray-haired, decrepit son-of-a-bitch asked:
"What did you teach?"

No comments:

Post a Comment