Thursday, February 21, 2019

Wednesday, February 20, 2019


Last night it was still raining when we went to bed at 11:15.  I slept well waking up once and checking my Timex watch but it was on timer mode so obviously Teresa had gotten to it first and pushed the wrong button.

I woke/got up about 7:30.  I had a breakfast of cereal with a sliced banana.

We left the apt at 9am in a light drizzle.

We arrived at the clinic Diagnosticarte at 9:30 for her 10:15 appointment.  It’s in Ciudad del Rio behind my Urologist’s building on Avenida Las Vegas.

Teresa was to have a liver function test that was supposed to last a little more than an hour.

First I went downstairs to De Lolita café for coffee but only for 15 minutes as she didn’t want me too far away.

Back upstairs their waiting room was freezing so I sat out in the hallway in the general waiting area.

She finally came out at 11:45.

We walked 2 blocks north to Mercado del Rio.  I chose restaurant Carbonne y Pasta as I had had their delicious pasta before.  Teresa decided to join me and she ordered the menu of the day which was cream of spinach soup, res en cebolla al vinotinto, fusilli al burro, and limonada.  I mistakenly ordered the same.  The soup was good but after the first bite of the beef it was unchewable.  I had barely tasted the pasta when Teresa complained loudly that the beef and pasta were awful, I paid 25mil and we left.

We went upstairs to Sinko where we had a nice lunch.

We left at 1pm for her 2:30 doctor’s appointment.  We arrived at 1:30 and the doctor took her 30 minutes later.  She only was with him 5 minutes and I understood the occasional breast pain she was feeling was normal.

On the way back to the apt she shared with me that JJ, our renter, asked how much Teresa wanted for the finca.  She replied 3 monthly payments of 100,000,000 100,000,000 then 70,000,000 which is about $90,000.  Her idea is to buy a local apt that will be easier to rent and maintain.

Back at the apt I got a call from Chuck.  His friend Mark Collins has arrived in Envigado from Boston and will be staying in his house for 3 weeks and he might call me for advice.  Also, Darnelly had her surgery 3 weeks ago and is doing well and they plan to return in May whether they have sold their house or not.

I put the A Dog’s Life DVD in my laptop and finally got it to play and it was dubbed in Spanish.  The video quality wasn’t that great as it was on the dark side and grainy and I saw a few Russian words so I imagine it was copied from some Russian website.  We watched it for some 15 minutes and Teresa declared that she was no longer interested in watching it.

It took a while but I figured out how to load my DVD copy of Bohemian Rhapsody.  It was in English with Spanish subtitles and we enjoyed the music of Queen again.

Because of the rain and threat of rain we only got a high today of about 78 degrees.  It’s supposed to be 5 degrees warmer tomorrow.

Joke of the day
On their way to get married, a young Catholic couple is involved in a fatal car accident. The couple find themselves sitting outside the Pearly Gates waiting for St. Peter to process them into Heaven. While waiting, they begin to wonder: Could they possibly get married in Heaven? When St. Peter showed up, they asked him.
St. Peter said, "I don't know. This is the first time anyone has asked. Let me go find out."
The couple sat and waited, and waited. Two months passed and the couple are still waiting. While waiting, they began to wonder what would happen if it didn't work out; could you get a divorce in heaven. After yet another month, St. Peter finally returns, looking somewhat bedraggled.
"Yes," he informs the couple. "You can get married in Heaven!"
"Great! But we were just wondering, what if things don't work out? Could we also get a divorce in Heaven?"
St. Peter, red-faced with anger, slammed his clipboard onto the ground.
"What's wrong?" asked the frightened couple.
"OH, COME ON!", St. Peter shouted, "It took me three months to find a priest up here! Do you have any idea how long it'll take me to find a lawyer?"

No comments:

Post a Comment