Friday, February 22, 2019

Thursday, February 21, 2019


Despite getting up twice during the night I slept pretty well waking at 7:15 and getting up at 7:45.

After breakfast I left the apt at 9am and walked down to the pool.  There were 3 old ladies in the pool and a middle aged one on the side that appeared to be coaching them.  Lots of ladies here in Colombia watch their figures and still look good.  I swam 10 laps and returned to the apt.

Teresa had a ceramic cup with a chip that broke off.  I took one of the individual superglues my brother brought me and we glued it back on but I don’t think its going to stay.  I agreed we would buy new ones the next time we have visitors.

Teresa asked me when we can show her mother how to make oatmeal cookies at her house.  I asked her when does she want to do it?  At first she said today but then she caught herself and said Sunday because Wilson doesn’t work and he wants to watch.

I left the apt about 10:30.  I stopped first at the bakery but again they didn’t have English muffins.  I don’t understand.  Every time we stopped here for coffee they had English muffins.  Now I’ve stopped here 3 times and they haven’t had any.

I took a bus to downtown Envigado and first stopped at a Davavienda ATM and made their maximum withdrawal of 400mil.  For the ATM fee it said Not Available but it’s possible it's zero.

At Coltrafa I was 2nd in line to pay the epm utility bill of 200mil.  It’s higher now that we’re in estrato 5.  I stopped at the paper store and had some documents scanned to my flash drive.

In Exio I bought a 4kg bag of laundry detergent then took a bus back to the apt.

For lunch Teresa first served me a bowl of soup.  Then she brought me a plate with pasta and a large portion of breaded chicken breast.  I finished the pasta and was working slowly on the chicken when she brought a large bowl of salad.  I ate about 2/3 of the chicken and told her that’s all I can eat.  I recommended in the future to just give me chicken and salad.

About 3pm I told Teresa I was going to have coffee in the mall then buy a fan at Home Center to put under my desk.  She told me it’s going to rain.  It didn’t look like rain and I have no idea why she felt that but I stayed in all afternoon watching old movies.  It didn’t rain.

It turns out that the doctor whose children Laura is taking care of is a neurosurgeon.  (My brother did an internet search.)  Laura texted me that they are going to Miami for 10 days in April.

For supper Teresa made blueberry pancakes.  Yum!

Joke of the day
A man wakes up one morning to find a gorilla on his roof.  So he looks up the yellow pages and sure enough, there's an ad for "Gorilla Removers". He calls the number, and the gorilla remover says he’ll be there in 30 minutes.
The gorilla remover arrives and gets out of his van. He's got a ladder, a baseball bat, a shotgun and a huge, ferocious looking dog.
"What are you going to do?" the homeowner asks.
"I'm going to put up this ladder against the roof, then I'm going to go up there and knock the gorilla off the roof with the bat. When the gorilla falls off, the dog is trained to grab the gorilla's testicles and squeeze. The gorilla will be subdued enough for me to lock him in the cage in the back of the van.", says the gorilla remover as he hands him the shotgun.
"What's the shotgun for?" asks the homeowner.
"If the gorilla knocks ME off the roof, shoot the dog."

No comments:

Post a Comment