Monday, February 11, 2019

Sunday, February 10, 2019


Despite getting up twice during the night I woke/got up at 8:15.

Jim and I left the apt at 9:30 and walked up to Avenida Poblado where Ciclovia was in full swing.  We walked by a street sale selling t-shirts and Jim said “hey, there’s one for Northwestern”.  I said “where” and he pointed to it.  Even though it was in black (hot) I bought it for 6mil ($2).

We took a bus to the park and bought arepas with mozzarella cheese at Las Chachas.  We took them to Bartolos where we ate them with our coffee.  There was an exercise class in progress at the park.

We took a bus to Sabaneta and they had entertainment (singer with band) in progress in the park.

We walked over to a bar where we had another coffee.

There was an information booth and I picked up a great map of Medellin which included Envigado.  I also found some tour brochures which I took.

We walked a few blocks to Porci Carnes for lunch where we had smoked ribs for 14,500 each plus drinks.  Delicious!  At one point Bryan, Jim’s airport driver, called out his name as he was driving by.

We took a bus back to Envigado and got off just up the hill from our apt complex.  We stopped briefly in a restaurant called Solpi Jugos (celebrating their 125th year) that had a good menu and that I plan to take Teresa to some day.

We were back at the apt by 2:30.  I tried to take a nap but couldn’t fall asleep so I was up by 3pm.

About 7pm we walked up to Tepito the Mexican restaurant where we easily got a table outside.  I had a chimichanga cochinita pibill (shredded beef) which was delicious.

Joke of the day
A young boy enters a barber shop and the barber whispers to his customer, "This is the dumbest kid in the world. Watch while I prove it to you."
The barber puts a dollar bill in one hand and two quarters in the other, then calls the boy over and asks, "Which do you want, son?" The boy takes the quarters and leaves.
"What did I tell you?" said the barber. "That kid never learns!"
Later, when the customer leaves, he sees the same young boy coming out of the ice cream store.
"Hey son, may I ask you a question?  Why did you take the quarters instead of the dollar bill?"
The boy licked his cone and replied, "Because the day I take the dollar, the game is over!"

No comments:

Post a Comment