Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Tuesday, February 26, 2019


I slept pretty well despite getting up twice during the night.  I finally woke/got up at 7:45.

For breakfast I had granola with a sliced banana.

I left the apt at 9am and after walking a block I stopped and asked myself…am I supposed to bring the chess pieces or is Jose?  I tried calling him but all I got was his voicemail.  I went back to the apt and got my chess pieces.  Now I’m 10 minutes late.  A block away from the complex I only had to wait 5 minutes for a Metro bus.  It dropped me off at the foot of the Ayura station and I took the busy metro car to San Antonio where I transferred to the west line.  I got off at the stadium station and walked the 10 minutes to the chess league.  I noticed the practice field that was all torn up last time I was here is now beautifully resurfaced with artificial turf.  Not only is it striped for soccer but also for American football.  Only one problem: the 40 yard line to the 50 yard line on both sides is only 5 yards instead of 10.  Lol.  I was 5 minutes early and Jose was waiting for me and I drew the white pieces.  I gave him quite a struggle and thought I had the advantage most of the way but I lost in the end.

We walked to Tropical restaurant in Obispo mall where we had the menu of the day for 11mil.

Back at the stadium I played the black pieces and he finished me off pretty quickly.

I retraced my steps back to Ayura station and took the bus with destination of Pedazco in the window back to a block from my apt.

Teresa informed me that Esmeralda was stopping by until pico y placa ends tonight.  I think that’s about 7pm.  Teresa said she would make us pancakes.

All afternoon it threatened rain but we got very little.

Then in the evening we got a steady rain and it got cool enough that we closed all the windows.

Esmerlada left at 9:30.

Today my stepcount was 8,757.

Joke of the day
A balding, white haired man from Chebacco Lake in Florida walked into a jewelry store this past Friday evening with a beautiful much younger gal at his side. 
He told the jeweler he was looking for a special ring for his girlfriend. The jeweler looked through his stock and brought out a $5,000 ring.
The man said, "No, I'd like to see something more special."
At that statement, the jeweler went to his special stock and brought another ring over. "Here's a stunning ring at only $40,000," the jeweler said. The lady's eyes sparkled and her whole body trembled with excitement. The old man seeing this said, "We'll take it."
The jeweler asked how payment would be made and the man stated, "By check. I know you need to make sure my check is good, so I'll write it now and you can call the bank Monday to verify the funds and I'll pick the ring up Monday afternoon."
On Monday morning, the jeweler angrily phoned the old man and said, "There's no money in that account."
"I know," said the old man. "But let me tell you about my GREAT WEEKEND!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment