Sunday, February 10, 2019

Saturday, February 9, 2019


Today is my son’s 32nd birthday.  Happy birthday Jim!

Last night I went to bed at 11:15 and didn’t wake up until 6:25, getting up at 7:15.

Jim and I walked to Eduardo Madrid bakery where we had coffee.  Unfortunately, they do not have wifi.  Sad.

We took a bus to Bartolos where we had another coffee.  We walked to Market Square which my brother has now dubbed Chuck’s mart or Chucksmart.  We each had calentao, scrambled eggs and coffee for only 7,000 pesos ($2.35).

We walked down to Herman’s orange juice stand where again we saw his niece, no Herman.  Jim asked her about the empty stands we see on the pedestrian bridge and she said they are for rent for 3,000,000 pesos a month.  (I only see one getting set up - to sell hotdogs.)  I bought 2 DVDs from a vendor for 2mil each – A Dogs Way Home and Bohemian Rhapsody.  I hope they work.

In the mall we went up to the 4th floor to Mr. Kutz where Jim got a hot shave for 15mil and I got a haircut trim for 15mil.

We stopped at Gelateria Romero where he had a coconut gelato and I had pistachio for 5,500 each.

We walked through Dollar City where I bought 2 packages of toothpicks for 3,000 pesos and Jim bought 2 dog leashes that he’s going to hook together for exercising his knee.  (I also noticed they sell small baking sheets. Hmmm.)

We took a taxi back to the apt.

I took a nap from 1:30 to 2:15.

Esmeralda arrived at 3:45 and she drove us all to La Casita Parilla.  I gave them a bag of 4 oatmeal cookies and Jim assisted them in making toasted bread with balsamic vinegar and buffalo cheese.

The three of us walked to Mercado del Tranvia and basically sat around for a couple hours until we got an appetite.  Then Jim had pizza, Teresa and Esmeralda had Keba and I had ribs.

We walked back to the car and Esmeralda returned us to the apt by 9pm.

Joke of the day
Buddy and his wife Edna went to the state fair every year, and every year Buddy would say, "Edna, I'd like to ride in that helicopter."
Edna always replied, "I know Buddy, but that helicopter ride is fifty bucks, and fifty bucks is fifty bucks."
One year Buddy and Edna went to the fair, and Buddy said, "Edna, I'm 85 years old. If I don't ride that helicopter, I might never get another chance."
To this, Edna replied, "Buddy that helicopter ride is fifty bucks, and fifty bucks is fifty bucks."
The pilot overheard the couple and said, "Folks I'll make you a deal. I'll take the both of you for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and don't say a word I won't charge you a penny! But if you say one word its fifty dollars."
Buddy and Edna agreed and up they went.
The pilot did all kinds of fancy maneuvers, but not a word was heard. He did his daredevil tricks over and over again, but still not a word.
When they landed, the pilot turned to Buddy and said, "By golly, I did everything I could to get you to yell out, but you didn't. I'm impressed!"
Buddy replied, "Well, to tell you the truth, I almost said something when Edna fell out, but you know, fifty bucks is fifty bucks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment