Saturday, March 2, 2019

Thursday, February 28, 2019


We left the apt at 9am and took a taxi to Bancolombia.

We had about a 30 minute wait for our turn.  I paid my bills for the month and got 200mil in cash, for some reason in all 10s.

At 10am we were at Nueva eps where Teresa set up an appointment.

At 11:10 we were at Diagnostarte in ciudad del rio where, after an hour wait, Teresa picked up her liver test results.  She was negative for cancer so that’s good; just one more indication that we caught the breast cancer early.

She didn’t want to go to mercado del rio for lunch so we took a taxi to La Bahia in Envigado where we got the menu of the day for 11mil.

She went to visit her mother and I returned to the apt for a nap.

From what I’ve read the best part of Michael Cohen’s testimony came after I left yesterday to meet with Erwin and friends.

Teresa called me at 4pm and I met her and MT at Crepes & Waffles for ice cream.

Afterward, we went up to Café Arangos where I had café con leche and a slice of carrot cake.  I suggested we go later for pizza but I got voted down.  Teresa asked me about the movie The Mule and I checked and informed her that it’s no longer playing at any Cine Colombia location.  I googled and found it’s playing at El Tesoro’s Cinemark theater at 9:30.  Teresa called and confirmed that it’s in English with Spanish subtitles.

I left them for a few minutes and went to Home Center where I found a Pyrex nockoff measuring cup and ¼ - 1 cup spoons. 
I reported back to them what I had found and showed them photos I had taken and Teresa called Wilson and asked him about them.  We went to Home Center and bought them for him.

We then did an about face and went to Wilson’s bar for dinner.  We all had shish kebab and sat around for awhile.  About 9pm it got cool enough that with my cold I decided it would be better if I left.  We walked MT to her building then we walked back to the apt.

Teresa showed me a “lump” on the back of her calf.  The doctor says it’s a lipoma “A lipoma is a slow-growing, fatty lump that's most often situated between your skin and the underlying muscle layer. A lipoma, which feels doughy and usually isn't tender, moves readily with slight finger pressure. Lipomas are usually detected in middle age. Some people have more than one lipoma.
A lipoma isn't cancer and usually is harmless. Treatment generally isn't necessary, but if the lipoma bothers you, is painful or is growing, you may want to have it removed.”
Then I showed her one I’ve had on my thigh for 20 years or so.

Today I did 8,132 steps.

Joke of the day
Four guys have been going to the same Golfing trip to St Andrews for many years. Two days before the group is to leave, Jack's wife puts her foot down and tells him he isn't going. Jack's mates are very upset that he can't go, but what can they do. Two days later, the three get to St Andrews only to find Jack sitting at the bar with four drinks set up!
"Wow, Jack, how long have you been here, and how did you talk your missus into letting you go?"
"Well, I've been here since last night.  Yesterday evening, I was sitting in my living room chair and my wife came up behind me and put her hands over my eyes and asked, 'Guess who?" I pulled her hands off, and there she was, wearing a nightie. She took my hand and pulled me into our bedroom. The room had candles and rose petals all over. Well she's been reading 50 Shades of Grey......On the bed she had handcuffs, and ropes! She told me to tie her up and cuff her to the bed, so I did.
And then she said, "Do whatever you want."
So... here I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment