Saturday, March 16, 2019

Friday, March 15, 2019


I got up once at 4:40 and fell back asleep quickly finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

I had a bowl of hot oatmeal for breakfast.

I saw a hummingbird eating out of our bird feeder but as soon as I looked at him he flew away.

At 8:30 I walked down to the corner and the Q’Hubo girl was coming up.  I asked her if she’s finished working so early but all I understood was something about 10:30.  I bought a Condorito from her for 1,200 and I gave her an extra 300 pesos for being short last week.

Teresa left at 9am to get her hair done.  We’re meeting at La Bahia for lunch about 12:30 or 1pm.

At 10:30 I finally heard from Alex.  His text was literally the following: “do but not cardio jack jays mybpisok.Ihave one slight aura., but no surgery, meds(2zopis ok 1night…not quite the death sentence rush him to ER for emergency surgery…WHAT A COUNTRY.”  Sometimes English can be difficult to understand here too.  Lol.  The doctor also recommended Neurexan to help him sleep.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Captive State (5.9).  Locally, there isn’t anything I want to see.

Not having heard from her I called Teresa just after 12:30 and she asked me to meet her at La Bahia.  I left right away.  MT wasn’t there.

After lunch Teresa went to MT’s apartment and I walked up to the park.  I arrived at Pagos Financiera at 1:45 and they were closed.   By the sign I learned that M-F they close for lunch from 12:45 to 2pm.  I waited and there was only one person ahead of me.  I went in about 2:15 and after processing my request the cashier tells me something about “computer…after 5pm…or tomorrow”.  I guess they have some type of computer problem so I told her I would return tomorrow.

I went across the street to Botica Junin Pharmacia were I bought Fluimucil 4% for 17,100 and Amoxicilia (Amoxicillin) for 54,700. 
I took a bus back to the apt.  I took a spoonful of the former (every 6 hours) and an Amoxicillin tablet (every 8 hours) and after 15 minutes I was feeling much better.  I suspect I had more than just a cold – probably a sinus infection.

At one point I was on the balcony leaning on the railing and looking out when a hummingbird landed on the far side of the feeder.  I slowly looked up and I couldn’t easily see him so he probably couldn’t see me.  But as I straightened up he flew away.

I watched some TV until Teresa returned at 8pm and made me a turkey sandwich.

6,176 steps.

Joke of the day
A rich man decided to go on a vacation in India. He took his faithful dog along for company. One day, the dog starts chasing butterflies and before long discovers he is lost.

So, wandering around, he notices a tiger heading rapidly in his direction with the obvious intention of having him for lunch.

The dog thinks, "I’m in trouble!" Then he noticed some bones on the ground close by, and immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the tiger is about to leap, the dog exclaims loudly, "Boy, that was one delicious tiger. I wonder if there are any more around here!"

Hearing this, the tiger halts his attack in mid-stride, as a look of terror comes over him, and slinks away into the trees. "Whew," grunts the tiger. "That was close. That weird creature nearly had me."

Meanwhile, a monkey, who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the tiger. So, off he goes.

But the dog saw him heading after the tiger with great speed, and figured that something must be up.

The monkey soon catches up with the tiger, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the tiger. The tiger, furious at being made a fool of, says, "Here monkey, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving little thing."

Now the dog sees the tiger coming with the monkey on his back, and thinks, "What am I going to do now?"

But instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them yet... and, just when they get close enough to hear, the dog says: "Where's that darn monkey? I sent him off over an hour ago to bring me another tiger!"

No comments:

Post a Comment