Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Tuesday, March 26, 2019


I slept well only getting up once during the night.

I left the apt at 9am and walked a block to the metro bus route.  It was about a 5 minute wait.  I added 20mil to my Civica card at Ayura station.  I transferred at San Antonio station and arrived at the chess club at 10am.

I had the White pieces and I won a long close game.

We had lunch at our usual place – Tropical restaurant in Obispo mall for 11mil.

I had Black in the second game and I gained a pawn early but struggled to hold on to it.  We ended up in a drawn game after 48 moves.  A Colombian guy watched us finish the game.  His name was Renaldo (sp?) and Jose told me he’s a 1900 player but doesn’t have much time now because he’s busy with his business.  Jose walked with us to the metro and then Renaldo went with me as far as San Antonio mall.  He lives in Envigado but had some business to take care of.

I took the metro to Envigado and the metro bus up to the park where I paid the finca city tax at Cotrafa (short line) and then bought a bottle of L-Arginine at the health store.

I walked back to the apt and then watched a movie on Direct TV then entered one of my games into my computer for analysis.

Teresa came back at 5pm, having spent much of the afternoon with her mother shopping at Santafe mall.

We left the apt at 6:30 to see Us (7.5) at the mall at 7:20.  Walking past McDonald’s Teresa informed me she was hungry and could she get something fast there.  Well, yes, speedee is their name, sort of.  I told her she could buy a sandwich and I coiuld hide it in my nearly empty tech bag.  Inside she ended up buying a box of 4 pieces of chicken wings.   They wouldn’t fit in my bag so she held them in her arm like a baby and covered them with her jacket.

In Cine Colombia they only had 4 scattered preferred seats and the only general seats were in row D (4th row from the front).  I bought 2 for 11,500 hoping they weren’t too close to the screen.  I bought a small popcorn to share and 2 small sodas for us.  We entered the theater and they were already playing a trailer.  Luckily, with my multi focal lenses I could see just fine.

We had seats D10 & D11 and someone was sitting in D11 so we just sat in the two empty seats next to them.

The movie wasn’t as good as we thought it would be.  It seemed like it was struggling to find a way to end.

After the movie ended and the light came up I noticed these chicken bones under Teresa’s seat.  I gave her a little hard time about that.  She picked them up and put them in the popcorn bucket and we threw it all away.  Walking back to the apt she complained that her neck was bothering her because she had to crane her neck to look up.  I didn’t think it was that bad.  I explained to her that when you go at night sometimes there aren’t any seats, sometimes the seats aren’t together, and sometimes they aren’t in a good location.  So that was my latest attempt to get her to go movies in the afternoon.  Sigh!

13,807 steps.

Joke of the day
A strong young man at a construction site was bragging that he could outdo anyone when it comes to pure strength.
He made a special case of making fun of one of the older workers at the job site. After several minutes of ranting, the older worker had had enough.
"Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and challenge me to a strength competition," he said. "I will bet an entire week's pay that I can haul something in a wheelbarrow over to that building that you won't be able to wheel back."
"You're on, old man. Let's see what you got," the young boaster replied.
The old man reached out and grabbed the wheelbarrow by the handles. Then, nodding to the young man, he said,
"All right, hop in."

No comments:

Post a Comment