Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Tuesday, March 19, 2019



I got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.
Teresa had already left to go to the “neuva eps pharmacy” in Envigado to get her cancer medication for free.

I had to go next door to Exito to buy a couple bags of milk.  There was a light mist in the air so I took my umbrella with me.

I had a bowl of cereal and left the apt at 9am with a light jacket and my large umbrella.  I had a 2 minute wait for the metro bus.  As soon as I sat down I got a call from Jose.  He said the weather in Medellin is really bad so he wants to cancel our meeting for today.
At the Ayura metro station I took a taxi to the mall.  I called Teresa and learned that she has to go to Avenida Oriental in Medellin to pick up her medicine so I will probably be on my own for lunch also.

I had coffee at Habia Una Vez for about an hour then I walked back to the apt.

At 11:30 Teresa called me and told me to meet her for lunch between 12:30 and 12:45 at La Bahia.

Just before noon Teresa called me and informed me that she was hungry so she’s already having lunch at La Bahia.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show.

Teresa returned just before 1pm.

I went to Jack & Roll in La Buena Mesa where I had the best burger I’ve had in Medellin.  The total cost was 34,416 pesos ($11) but next time I think I’ll get it without the bacon and I’ll skip the fancy juice drink.

I walked down the hill where I found Jerry McNamara’s (the guy I met at the Super Bowl party) apartment a block from the small church.  It’s a nice building and it appears he’s on the top floor.
I walked to the mall and upstairs where I had a café con leche with a slice of carrot cake at Café Arangos for 10,500 pesos ($3.50).
Back at the apt Teresa told me she waited 3 hours to get her free medicine saving 200mil ($65).  I understand she will have to do this every month for the next 5 years.  The good news is she can catch a bus at Avenida Las Vegas and the pharmacy is very close to where she gets off the bus.

From my February, 2019 Reader’s Digest: A new study found that about 70% of women with the most common type of early-stage breast cancer likely do not need chemotherapy after surgery.

Last night I ordered new gym waterbottles from Amazon for each of us – glass for Teresa and metal for me.  Even though I chose the free (thus slowest) shipping option, today I received an email that the order has already shipped.

8,021 steps.

Joke of the day
A lawyer defending a man accused of burglary tried this creative defense:
"My client merely inserted his arm into the window and removed a few trifling articles. His arm is not himself, and I fail to see how you can punish the whole individual for an offense committed by his limb."
"Well put," the judge replied. "Using your logic, I sentence the defendant's arm to one year's imprisonment. He can accompany it or not, as he chooses."
The defendant smiled. With his lawyer's assistance he detached his artificial limb, laid it on the bench, and walked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment