Sunday, March 24, 2019

Saturday, March 23, 2019


I slept well finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

I left the apt about 9am and walked up to Merkepaisa grocery store then turned 2 blocks east where I found Go Wings (although it was closed).  I continued downtown where I bought 4 DVDs: The Mule, Wanderlust, An Interview with God, and Colombia Magia Salvaje for 10,000 pesos.

We had what looked like a woodpecker visit our hummingbird feeder.
About 2:20 in the afternoon we experienced a strong temblor that lasted about 30 seconds.  It shook the patio doors pretty well and I could feel it move the couch I was lying on.

I left the apt about 3:30 and walked down to the mall where I had a café con leche at Café Arangos for 3,600 pesos.

I left about 4:15 and heard a peal of thunder on the way back to the apt.  I was a little surprised because, while it was cloudy, I didn’t see any dark clouds.  A block from the apt I started feeling raindrops.  Luckily a car was entering the complex which gave me a shortcut through the gate.  By the time I got up to the apt it was a downpour.

My google search uncovered that the earthquake was officially a 6.1 at 2.21pm.

I watched an interesting movie on Direct TV called Home Sweet Hell. 

9,285 steps.

Joke of the day
A state trooper pulled over a car going just 19 miles per hour on the highway. As the officer approached the car, he noticed it was two elderly women and they both looked very pale and wide-eyed.
"Good afternoon ladies. Do you know why I am pulling you over?" asked the trooper.
"I'm terribly sorry if I did something wrong but I know I wasn’t speeding" said the driver.
"Well, that is true, you weren't speeding...but you were going entirely too slow on a highway and that is equally as dangerous."
"No, Officer. I was going exactly the speed limit...19 miles per hour!"
The trooper laughed a little to himself. "Mam', this is Highway 19. That is not the speed limit, but simply the name of this highway."
Very embarressed, the elderly driver grinned and thanked the trooper over and over for informing her of the mistake.
"But before I let you go, I have to ask... are you guys feeling okay? You both look awfully shaken."
"Oh sure, we will be fine. We just got off of Highway 120".

No comments:

Post a Comment