Monday, March 25, 2019

Sunday, March 24, 2019


I slept well waking/getting up at 7:30.

At one point we had an adult red headed woodpecker drinking from the feeder while a hummingbird waited below on the balcony railing.

I left the apt at 9am and it was a 50 minute walk to Starbucks.  I had my usual cold cafĂ© mocca blanco for 10,500 pesos and checked my cellphone.  As I was leaving I glanced at a nearby newspaper that said every Colombian eats 3 kilograms of pasta every year.  I don’t know if that’s considered to be a little or a lot.

I was back at the apt just before noon.  About 15 minutes later MT arrived.  It started raining hard at 12:30 delaying my plans to go to the mall for lunch.  I took a nap and I noticed at 1:45 that the rain had stopped.  I got up and dressed and by then it had started raining again.  I finally left 10 minutes later when it lessened.  

At the mall the food court was packed.  There was not a seat to be had.  I walked down to Cine Colombia where I saw 8 open tables by Juan Valdez.  I went back upstairs and ordered a small pizza from Papa John’s.  I couldn’t even find a place to sit to wait for it.  I had to sit on the other side by the car showroom.  When it was ready I took it down to Cine Colombia where I bought a medium soda and sat down and ate my pizza.  In the lobby they were showing trailers and the one for Shazam looked pretty cool.  (I don’t usually like superhero type movies.)

Back at the apt Teresa and MT spent hours sitting together and watching some videos about Pablo Escobar.

I watched the DVD An Interview with God (5.9) which turned out to be a pretty good quality copy.  Then I put on The Mule (7.1) for Teresa and it was not a good copy – dark, not clear and was occasionally interrupted with advertising for “1XBet.com”.

For dinner Teresa warmed up my can of Van Kamps Pork & Beans.  It should be called Van Kamps Beans & Beans because I didn’t see even one piece of pork in it.

14,989 steps.

Joke of the day
A man and his ever-nagging wife went on vacation to Jerusalem. While they were there, the wife passed away.
The undertaker told the husband, "You can have her shipped home for $5,000, or you can bury her here, in the Holy Land, for only $150."
The man thought about it and decided he would just have her shipped home for $5000.
The undertaker asked, "Why would you spend $5,000 to ship your wife home, when it would be wonderful to be buried here and you would spend only $150 ?"
The man replied, "Long ago a man called Jesus Christ died here, was buried here, and three days later he rose from the dead...I just can't take that chance."

No comments:

Post a Comment