Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Tuesday, March 5, 2019


I only got up once during the night.  Teresa asked me to let her know if I woke up at 5am so she could go to the gym.  I woke up at 5:25 and informed her but she didn’t move.  I got up at 7:15 a few minutes after her.  My cold and my back both appear to be better.

After breakfast I left the apt at 8:45 and cuaght a bus for downtown Envigado.  At the same pharmacy I got my 2nd shot for 3,000 pesos.  The nature store was closed so I took a bus to El Poblado where I paid my March rental of 39mil at Envios Market.  I walked up Calle 10 and turned left at Carrera 37.  I first killed a few minutes by taking a potty break at the new Starbucks.

Soon a woman named Barb showed up and asked me if I was there for the meetup.  I said “I guess” and invited her to sit down.  Her name is Barb and she’s from Chicago – specifically the Lake View area near Wrigley Field.  Every year she travels, without her husband, and has been to Ecuador and many cities in Mexico.

Soon Mario from Toronto showed up.  He also has traveled Mexico and they shared stories of desirable and undesirable areas.

Barb recommended I tour communa 13 with an English speaking guide and she said she’ll email me more information tonight.  She also recommended visiting La Castilla behind Santafe mall.
They ordered eggs and I ordered a bowl of oatmeal.

We all left about noon and I walked Mario down Calle 10 as far as Parque Poblado.  My Sabaneta bus crawled through the gold mile.  
Downtown Envigado I bought a bottle of L-Arginine at a health store and 20 Metacarbamol at a local pharmacy.

I walked down to Viva Envigado.  They didn’t have a BBVA ATM so I withdrew a little cash at Davivienda.

I went up to the 4th floor to Mr. Kutz.  I waited about 20 minutes for the barber to finish up with an Englishman.  I then got a trim for 20mil.  Down one level I had a late lunch at Sarku’s using my 6mil discount coupon.

I got a text message from Laura – something about 20mil and Brahma.

I went down to Habia Una Vez where I had a café con leche.
Back at the apt Teresa explained that we have to go to the mall tonight to make a 20mil payment to Brahma for Laura’s coat.

We left the apt at 7:30 and at Brahma I paid 42mil for Laura’s coat.

Teresa bought a gym bag at Puma and pair of gym shoes at Pro Champion.

14,563 steps today.

Joke of the day
The other night I was invited out for a night with the girls. I told my husband that I would be home by midnight.
Well, the hours passed and the margaritas went down way too easily. Around 3AM, a bit loaded, I headed home.
Just as I got in the door, the cuckoo clock in the hallway started up and 'cuckooed' three times. Quickly, realizing my husband would probably wake up, I 'cuckooed' another NINE times.
I was really proud of myself for coming up with such a quick-witted solution, in order to escape a possible conflict with him. The next morning my husband asked me what time I got in, I told him, "Midnight."
He didn't seem pissed off in the least. Whew, I got away with that one!
Then he said, "But we need a new clock."
When I asked him why, he said, "Well, last night our clock cuckooed three times, then said, 'oh, shit.' Cuckooed four more times, cleared its throat, cuckooed another three times, giggled, cuckooed twice more, and then tripped over the coffee table and farted."

No comments:

Post a Comment