Friday, March 8, 2019

Thursday, March 7, 2019


I got up at 7:30 and Teresa had already left the apt.

She came back at 8:45 and made me breakfast.

She wants to go “later” to Santafe mall to exchange a blouse but due to her procrastination I know the possibility of “later” arriving today are slim.  I told her I’m going to see Green Book (8.3) in Viva Envigado at 3pm.  I know she would be bored with it so she says she’ll go to Santafe mall.

I watched the first 90 minutes of the Today show.

I left the apt at 2pm and walked to MT’s apt.  I gave her a bag of sandwich rolls, some Advil tablets and 2 Klondike ice cream bars.

I walked to the mall and bought a ticket to Green Book for 12mil.  I waited about 10 minutes and then bought a small popcorn and small soda and entered the theater.  It was theater #5 so all the seats were balcony level.

I put on my light jacket and settled down for the movie.  It was very good as it won movie of the year at the Oscar’s.  Besides this one, I liked the most last year A Star is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody.  It’s interesting that all three movies are about music.
Afterward I walked back to the apt.

I got an email from Barb.  She recommended Tatiana 314 352 5200 who speaks English and Spanish to give us a tour of comuna 13.

I understand Teresa has a doctor’s appointment tomorrow morning at 10:15.  I believe we will find out more about teresa continuing to take the medicine she started a 6 weeks ago.

On the news we saw Queen Elizabeth using Instagram for the first time and Teresa asks me how old she is.  I said I think she’s 90 and Teresa responded “so young”.  LOL.  I checked and she’s actually 92.

Someone posted on Facebook “Today 18 of the 20 air pollution monitoring stations were on orange warning levels, that’s caused the municipal environment authority to extend the traffic restrictions that will be activated for the next 3 days for cars and bikes.”  That might explain what happened yesterday at Pricesmart.

7,220 steps today.

Joke of the day
A wealthy lawyer was riding in his limousine when he saw two men along the roadside eating grass. Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and he got out to investigate.
He asked one man, "Why are you eating grass?"
"We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied. "We have to eat grass."
"Well then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you," the lawyer said.
"But sir, I have a wife and two children with me. They are over there, under that tree."
"Bring them along," the lawyer replied. Turning to the other poor man he stated, "You come with us too."
The second man, in a pitiful voice then said, "But sir, I also have a wife and SIX children with me!"
"Bring them all, as well," the lawyer answered.
They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as the limousine. Once underway, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said, "Sir, you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us with you."
The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it. You'll really love my place... the grass is almost a foot high!"

No comments:

Post a Comment