Friday, March 22, 2019

Thursday, March 21, 2019


Well, today is the first full day of spring – at least in the States.  Lol.

I got up at 7:30, took my shower and at 8am we had no more running water.

I met Jerry at the Eduardo Madrid Bakery near my apt at 9:15.  I learned he’s been here for 4 years, he’s 66 years old, his SO is a 57-year old Colombiana who works at EAFIT, he swims, and takes Spanish lessons.

We said goodbye at 10am as he had to leave early to buy something at Exito before going to swim at 11am.  He swims at Inder or Eafit.

I walked up to Avenida Poblado where I soon caught a Sabeneta bus to Poblado.  I found 50 pesos (about 2 cents) on the floor of the bus – good luck.  I picked up my mail from Envios Market.  There was no package but I received my March Chess Life magazine, 2 letters from BSI Financial, a letter from Making Home Affordable, and one from MetLife.

I’ve been noticing route maps at some of the bus stops.  Also it looks like McDonald’s now has a parking attendant!?

I returned to the bakery and bought 6 sesame bagels.

Teresa was back at the apt when I returned.

The water came back on at 3pm but it looked rusty or dirty.

We ordered wings from Go Wings for lunch.  They also gave us a couple coupons – one for 6 free wings and the other for a lunch combo.

We took a nap from 3pm to 3:45.

I found 2 new movie releases starting tonight at Viva Envigado.  Weather permitting I think we’re going to see one of them tonight.
We got some rain in the late afternoon and early evening so we skipped going to the movies.

It wasn’t until after 7:30 that the water started looking clean again.


3,048 steps.

Joke of the day
A young blonde was on vacation in the swamps of Louisiana. She really wanted a pair of genuine alligator shoes to bring back for her boyfriend but didn't want to pay the high prices the local stores were charging.
After becoming very frustrated with the local shopkeepers, the blonde shouted, "I'll just go out and catch my own alligator so I can get a pair of shoes at a reasonable price!"
The shopkeeper replied, "Good luck! Maybe you'll luck out and catch yourself a big one!"
Determined, the blonde turned and headed for the swamps, set on catching herself an alligator. Later in the day, the shopkeeper is driving home, and he spots the young woman standing waist deep in the water, rope in hand. Just then, he sees a huge 9 foot alligator swimming quickly toward her. She lunges, wraps herself around the beast and with a great deal of effort hauls it on to the bank of the swamp. Laying nearby were several more alligators all tied up.
Completely amazed, the shopkeeper got out of his car and walked toward the young lady.
Just then the blonde flips the alligator on its back, and frustrated, shouts up at the shopkeeper, "Ugh! This one isn't wearing shoes either!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment