Monday, March 18, 2019

Sunday, March 17, 2019


Happy St. Patrick’s Day!  I’m 25% Irish but I don’t think I own one piece of clothing in green.  Lol.

I got up once at 4am, Teresa woke me at 5:20 (said I was snoring), and finally got up at 8am.

We left the apt at 10:40 (so much for leaving early) and took a taxi to Mayorista.  Even though we didn’t pick up any meat we didn’t get back to the apt until noon.  I bought a large jar of Knotts Berry Farm strawberry preserves and some sugar made from sugar cane.  I read that the best sugar for hummingbirds is the sugar from sugar cane.
Teresa made me lasagna for lunch.  Not like what I used to get in the US but it’s still good.

I vegged out the rest of the day.  I did get to see a movie that was on my list – Downsizing (5.7) – which was interesting.

I refilled the bird feeder and we had quite a few visits from hummingbirds until it started getting dark.

2,813 steps.

Joke of the day
A young man stood before St. Peter who tells him "Son, to let you into Heaven you must tell me one good thing you've done on Earth"
The guy thinks for a moment and replies "Well, I saw some bikers out the front of a bar harassing a girl. So I walked over to the biggest biker, kicked his bike over, pushed him to the ground, and told him to leave the poor girl alone!"
St. Peter is quite impressed with this and says, "Well done my son, and when exactly did this happen?"
"About 5 minutes ago".

No comments:

Post a Comment