Saturday, March 23, 2019

Friday, March 22, 2019


Teresa woke me up at 7:30 so she could serve me breakfast before she leaves for the gym.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  I bought a Q’Hubo newspaper on the way.  The gym wasn’t very crowded perhaps because this is a long weekend.  I completed all my exercises in 90 minutes.

My cold and back are better but neither are 100%.

We had ribs for lunch today.  Teresa usually gives me a lot so today I asked her to give me only 6 but she filled the rest of my plate with salad.  I ate 5 ribs and most of the salad but she’s still overdoing it on the lunches.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Us (7.6), Hotel Mumbai (7.1), and Dragged Across Concrete (8.0).
Locally, Us (7.6) and Five Feet Apart (7.1) are playing at Viva Envigado.

We took a nap from 3:30 to 4:30.

I vegged out the rest of the day.

I finished reading Jack Higgins’ The Eagle has Landed.

I made contact with a gringo named Rory on Facebook looking for a chess club.  Even though he’s young it appears from his profile that we have a few things in common.

6,291 steps.

Joke of the day
I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying: "Hi, how are you?"
I'm not the type to start a conversation in the men's restroom, and I don't know what got into me, but I answered, somewhat embarrassed, 'I'm doing just fine."
And the other guy says: "So, what are you up to?"
What kind of question is that? At that point, I'm thinking this is too bizarre so I say: "Uhhh, I'm just traveling for work."
At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question. "Can I come over?"
Ok, this question is just too weird for me but I figured I could just be polite and end the conversation. I tell him, "No.....I'm a little busy right now!"
Then I hear the guy say nervously...
"Listen, I'll have to call you back. Some idiot in the next stall thinks I'm talking to him." ​

No comments:

Post a Comment