Thursday, March 21, 2019

Wednesday, March 20, 2019


I slept pretty well getting up once at 4:45 finally waking/getting up at 8am.

I was a little surprised that Teresa was still here.  I thought she had an early morning gym class.

At 8:30 a Une guy showed up.  I thought he was going to check for gas leaks like they did last time in the other apt but Teresa said he is here to check the water.  He had a hand held device with a wand at the bottom and he touched it near all of our water sources.  I understood we are using too much water?  I asked Teresa if she uses the washing machine every day.  She said no but mentioned that we had visitors here for 3 weeks last month.

This morning I took my last 500mg Amoxycillin (aka Amoxicilina) tablet for my sinus infection that I had been taking 3 times a day.  I also finished taking the “cough syrup” I was on.  I hope I’m not going to regress.

Teresa left for the gym at 9:30 and I left at 10am.

I completed all my exercises in about 90 minutes.

Using Whatsapp I made plans to meet Jerry (who I met Super Bowl Sunday) at the bakery tomorrow at 9:15.

About 7pm a portero came by and informed us that the water will be off tomorrow from 8am – 4pm.  I’m not sure if this is related to the new guardhouse construction or something about the large water tanks I saw behind the pool a couple months ago.

I watched the movie about the shooting of Osama Bin Laden.  My mistake was that it didn’t end until 10:30 so when I went to bed at 11pm it took me about an hour to fall asleep.

5,910 steps.

Joke of the day
Passengers on a small plane are waiting for the flight to leave. They're getting a little impatient, but the airport staff assures them the pilots will be there soon, and then the flight can take off.
Finally the entrance opens, and two men dressed in Pilots' uniforms walk up the aisle. Both are wearing dark glasses, one is using a guide dog, and the other is tapping his way along the aisle with a white cane.
Nervous laughter spreads through the cabin, but the men enter the cockpit, the door closes, and the engines start up. The passengers begin glancing nervously around, searching for some sign that this is just a little practical joke. None is forthcoming.
The plane moves faster and faster down the runway, and the people sitting in the window seats realize they're headed straight for the water at the edge of the airport. As it begins to look as though the plane will plow into the water, panicked screams fill the cabin.
At that moment, the plane lifts smoothly into the air. The passengers relax and laugh a little sheepishly, and soon all retreat into their magazines, secure in the knowledge that the plane really is in good hands.
Meanwhile, in the cockpit, the pilot turns to the co-pilot and says, "You know, Jim one of these days, they're gonna scream too late and we're all gonna die."

No comments:

Post a Comment