Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Monday, March 25, 2019


Well, today is a holiday I just don’t know which one.

This morning I saw a different kind of bird on our birdfeeder.  It was similar to our English sparrow and had to get at the sugar water upside down.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then left for the gym.  I completed all but one of my exercises in 90 minutes.

I left the apt at 12:15 to meet Rory at Unicentro mall to play chess at 2pm.  I walked a block to where the metro comes by but after waiting 15 minutes I gave up.  I walked down the hill a block to Avenida Las Vegas.  After a 5-minute wait I was on a Sabaneta bus.  I got off across the street from Mercado del Rio and quickly caught a taxi to the mall.

I was there by 1pm.  At Frisby I bought a bowl of vegetable soup, an individual cole slaw and a Coke.  I was finished eating by 1:20.
Rory arrived at 2pm right on time.  I put 20 minutes on each of our clocks and less than 10 moves into the game he gave me his queen for a bishop.  He played on but the game was basically over at that point.  He didn’t have time to play another but despite his loss he wants to play again.

He is in Colombia on a tourist stamp which allows him to stay for a maximum of 180 days.  He is currently teaching English and hopes to get a contract which will allow him to get a visa. 

I took a taxi to the Exposiciones station and the metro back to Envigado.  I stopped at the strawberry vendor and was told it is 14 mil for 1 kilo.  He nearly filled a bag and showed me its 2 pounds.  I told him a kilo is 2.2 pounds but he wouldn’t budge so I left.  I walked to the mall where I had coffee at Habia Una Vez.

I left after about an hour and it was misting slightly.  It got quite windy the last block back to the apt.

MT was visiting.

Those birds have finished almost all the sugar water I put in the feeder last Saturday.

I found out that the holiday today is Dia de San Jose.

My back and my cold both seem to be much better today.

8,755 steps.

Joke of the day
A loving couple had two little boys, ages 8 and 10, who were just terrible kids always getting in trouble.
Running out of ideas, the parents decided to look to the church.
They heard that a clergyman in town had been successful in disciplining children in the past, so they called him, and he agreed to give it a shot. He asked to see the boys individually, so the eight-year-old was sent to meet with him first. The clergyman sat the boy down and asked him sternly, "Now where is God?"
The boy made no response, so the clergyman repeated the question even louder, "Where is God!?"
Again the boy made no attempt to answer, so the clergyman raised his voice even more and shook his finger in the boy's face, "WHERE IS GOD!?"
The boy suddenly ran out of the room, ran directly home, and slammed himself in his closet. His older brother followed him into the closet and said, "What happened?"
The younger brother replied, "We are in a BIG mess of trouble this time. God has gone missing and they think WE did it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment