Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Monday, January 25, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, woke up several times but didn’t get up, finally waking up at 6:15 and getting up at 6:30.

I left the apt at 8am and stopped at Marcos’ apt but he wasn’t waiting outside as usual. I asked the portero and he called then told me he isn’t feeling well so I continued my usual walk. It’s obvious the high schools are open again. I stopped in a small tienda next to Asados Rogelio where I bought milk, sugar and Fab laundry detergent.

Teresa left about 10am for the beauty parlor. She said she would call me later and we’ll meet at DosSabores for lunch.

I won my game against sseltimil (1267) raising my rating 6 points to 1478.

Aargh, I blundered a piece against Howex so its just a matter of time before I have another loss.

I made arrangements to meet Jose tomorrow at the mall for chess. Even though its an even pico y cedula day I think they will allow us to enter the mall but not Exito.

Teresa called me at noon and asked me meet her at Asados Rogelio in 20 minutes. We had a nice typical Colombian lunch for 19mil each. We returned to the apt where I downloaded her latest test results then I had them printed at the copy center. I went to Parva where I had a café con leche until the sun started hitting me sitting at an outside table. I returned to the apt.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi 3 games to 1.

Michael resigned our game and I gained 1 point to 1485. I lost to Howex reducing my rating to 1476.

 

The US has 24,966,272 ð 25,166,528 ð 25,268,294 coronavirus cases with 415,600+ ð 419,000+ ð 420,200+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,002,969 ð 2,013,014 ð 2,027,746 cases with 50,982 ð 51,374 ð 51,747 deaths. Medellin has 177,074 ð 178,003 ð 178,728 cases, an increase of 725 from January 24th to 25th.  Envigado has a total of 16,196 cases, an increase of 77 from January 24th to 25th.

 

Joke of the day

An old man, a schoolboy, a lawyer, a doctor, and a community service worker are all on a plane with only four parachutes when the pilot of the plane has a stroke and passes away.

As the plane plummets its passengers to their death, the five members of the aircraft argue over who deserves to have the four bags containing the parachutes.

Social Worker: "I deserve to live because I protect vulnerable children and support families in need of assistance." The Social Worker grabs the nearest bag and jumps out of the aircraft.

Lawyer: "I deserve to live because I advocate for my clients through my sharp wit and massive knowledge." The lawyer grabs the second bag and jumps out of the aircraft.

Doctor: "I deserve to live because I help diagnose ill people with my specialized training." The doctor grabs the third bag and jumps out of the aircraft.

This leaves only the schoolboy and the old man in the plane with it descending toward the ground.

Old man: "Go ahead boy. Take the last parachute. You have many years ahead of you while I am just an old man who doesn't have as many years left."

Schoolboy: "Don't worry, we can both take a parachute. Look, there are still two left."

The old man’s just stares in shock. "Wha...what... but those three..."

Schoolboy: "Remember the lawyer with the sharp wit and the massive knowledge? He took my backpack."

No comments:

Post a Comment