Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, finally waking up at 6:15/getting up at 6:30.

The morning news announced that Colombia’s Minister of Defense died of Covid-19.

I left the apt at 8am and walked to the mall. I was a little early so I recycled a couple plastic bottles upstairs. Back downstairs I took a seat at Habia Una Vez and Jose showed up about 10 minutes later. I had their complete breakfast with a large coffee for 11mil and Jose had coffee with a couple pastries.

About 9am we went upstairs to the food court.

I had the white pieces in the first game and I had a strong attack going but at the critical point I didn’t make the correct pawn capture and he eventually got his own attack going and I lost on time on the 47th move.

For lunch I had a Burger King Whopper with fries and a Pepsi. Jose wasn’t hungry so he just made a trip to the ATM.

I had the black pieces in the second game and I made mistakes in the opening but held on until resigning on the 49th move.

Jose left and I went down to Todo Fresa but all tables were taken so I went back up to the 2nd floor where I had coffee at Santa Leña. At one point Brit walked by and said “hi”.

When I left I stopped at a nearby tienda naturista looking for L-Arginina but all they had was Vitamin C with L-Arginina. I returned to the apt by taxi.

In the evening I accidentally kicked the desk and my Chicago Bears sandals, bought at K-Mart years ago, broke. Teresa said right away, “throw them away” but I wonder if they can be fixed; seems they can fix anything here.

I resigned a game against uche2000, won games against Michael and Howex and my rating is now 1479.

 

The US has 25,166,528 ð 25,268,294 ð 25,400,153 coronavirus cases with 419,000+ ð 420,200+ ð 423,100+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,013,014 ð 2,027,746 ð 2,041,352 cases with 51,374 ð 51,747 ð 52,128 deaths. Medellin has 178,003 ð 178,728 ð 179,334 cases, an increase of 606 from January 25th to 26th.  Envigado has a total of 16,251 cases, an increase of 55 from January 25th to 26th.


Joke of the day

A mouse was sitting in a bar having a drink when a beautiful giraffe came in and sat down at the end of the bar.

The mouse looked over at her and ordered her a drink.

Soon he had moved down beside her and ordered her another drink.

After a third round, the bartender looked up and they were leaving the bar together.

The next day the mouse limped into the bar, barely crawled up on the barstool and sat there gasping for air. His whiskers were bent and broken, his tail was crooked and patches of hair were falling out.

The bartender took one look at this terrible state, lifted an eyebrow and said, "So, how did it go last night?"

The mouse said, "Man, that was the best lovemaking I ever had."

The bartender asked, "Then why do you look so bad?"

The mouse replied, "Hey, between the kissing and the lovemaking I must have run 10 miles!"

1 comment:

  1. You're right Terry... You should be able to get your sandals fixed if they're not made of all plastic. Find a local shoe repair shop and ask the zapatero if he can fix them. I always took any of my shoes and boots that needed repairs with me to Costa Rica to have them fixed. The little local shoe repair shops always did a first-rate job on them and it was never expensive. Also it's a little adventure that will make an interesting addition to your blog.

    Cheers!

    Paul M.
    ==

    ReplyDelete