Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 1am, finally waking at 5:30 and getting up at 6am.

I left the apt at 7:45 and walked to the mall. Habia Una Vez was still closed so I first went up to the 3rd floor where I recycled a few pill bottles. Back downstairs they had opened so I took a seat. Jose arrived about 15 minutes later. We had our usual complete breakfast for 10mil. I mentioned that next Tuesday will be an “even” day so we probably won’t be allowed in the mall so I suggested we meet on Wednesday and he agreed. We got caught up on a few other things then went up to the food court.

I had black in the first game and though I got an attack going I couldn’t convert and ended up resigning on the 58th move.

He wasn’t hungry so he went to an ATM. I was starving so I ordered a personal pizza from Papa John’s and gave him one of my slices.

I had white in the 2nd game and it was a crazy game that he should have won easily in the middlegame but I took it to the endgame where I should have won easily but I didn’t know the correct approach and we agreed to a draw on the 51st move.

James showed up while we were reviewing the game. He said he had lunch at Mundo Verde and was waiting to hear from Johnathon to see what they were going to do later.

It was about 3:30 when I left and I went to Bancolombia. I sat outside for about 15 minutes before I was let inside. I waited another 10 minutes or so for a cashier to become available. After I collected my World Remit cash and paid a few bills I went to Av Villas to pay the rent but found it closed. It was 4:10 and they closed at 4pm. Sigh! I’ll be back Thursday morning.

I bought a bag of milk and a couple bottles of Mexican salsa (mild) at Exito and returned to the apt by taxi.

I left the cash and my chess bag in the apt and walked to La Buena Mesa. At Pepo’s Cake I found a sign that they are closed until January 20th. I had a café con leche in Parva and returned to the apt with a pastel de quayaba for Teresa.

According to Medellin Guru pico y cedula ends next Monday so Jose and I should be able to meet on Tuesday.

I uninstalled ChessBase 15 which freed up 227MB from my 118GB hard drive (c:/).

 

I finished reading Raenette Palmer’s paperback Eagle Rock.

The US has 20,560,316 ð 20,745,962 ð 20,996,027 coronavirus cases with 351,000+ ð 352,300+ ð 356,000+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,675,820 ð 1,686,131 ð 1,702,966 cases with 43,965 ð 44,187 ð 44,426 deaths. Medellin has 150,773 ð 152,042 ð 153,355 cases, an increase of 1,305 from January to 4th to 5th. Envigado has a total of 13,773 cases, an increase of 129 from January 4th to 5th.

 

Joke of the day

"It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married." George Burns.

No comments:

Post a Comment