Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up once about 4:15, fell back asleep quickly, woke/got up at 6am. I’ve started something new where in the evening I dim the light on my computer and I stop playing chess around 8pm to give my eyes and my mind a break before going to bed.

8 more days of this presidency.

Hnidingo (1291) resigned his game during the night increasing my rating to 1486 but I’m losing my other 3 games, 2 of which are to lower rated players.

Johnathon just announced his new restaurant location on Facebook. It’s still BrooklynRN in the Manila location of Poblado I mentioned a Sunday ago. He’s got a new look and new menu. I’d like to try the Philly cheese steak and pulled pork sandwich.

Teresa informed me that Medellin’s ICU beds are 87% full. She said its due to people getting together to watch futbol last month.

I left the apt at 7:45 and arrived at Viva Envigado at 8am. I first printed my 2020 payment schedule at Auros. In the mall Habia Una Vez wasn’t open yet so I went upstairs and recycled an empty Coke bottle. Back downstairs I found Jose waiting for me.

I had my usual complete breakfast for 10mil. Jose just had coffee and a chicken pastry.

Upstairs he won the first game with the black pieces.

For lunch we each had a sandwich from Q’Bano.

I won the 2nd game with my turn with the black pieces.

He left and I paid our cellphone bills at Claro. Back downstairs I had coffee at Todo Fresa. I resigned my game against cwelch231 lowering my rating to 1464.

I picked up a few things from Exito then returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa returned from the finca about 5pm. She told me her new idea – she wants to build a 2-room “house” next to the finca for us or her and friends to stay over. She is hearing rumors that we may go under lockdown again for 4 months and this would be a place for us to stay. I made it clear I have no desire to return to the finca, for 4 months or even overnight.

Teresa wanted Frisby chicken so I placed the Rappi order. When the app said they were out for delivery I went down to the porteria waiting room. At first I thought the driver got lost as he went east past La Buena Mesa but on 2nd thought I think he was making another delivery first.

 

Liz Cheney (R-WY): “The president of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack,” Cheney said in a statement, adding, “There has never been a greater betrayal by a president of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution.”

 

The bonkers Republican logic on why Trump shouldn't be impeached: No punitive action should be taken against the President who told a mob of his supporters that "we fight like hell and if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore" because, if that action is taken, it could lead to violence?

 

There can be no talk of "unity" or bipartisan anything until the Republican Party makes one basic conciliatory move: it must give up on voter-suppression as a national policy. The party must give up on it in national elections, and it must give up on it in state elections, and it must give up on it in local elections. It must stop huffing its own product about phantom "voter fraud." It must embrace the philosophy that the more people who vote, the healthier our republic is. Republican members of Congress could demonstrate their good faith in this regard by voting for the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, which is sitting in the Senate Judiciary Committee at the moment. Until the Republican Party does all this, there is no unity to be had that's worthy of the name.

 

BOSTON — The Harvard Institute of Politics removed Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) from its Senior Advisory Committee in the wake of last week's deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol, pointing to her unfounded claims of voter fraud in the November election.

 

The US has 22,321,995 ð 22,544,451 ð 22,797,730 coronavirus cases with 373,300+ ð 375,100+ ð 379,000+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,786,900 ð 1,801,903 ð 1,816,082 cases with 46,114 ð 46,451 ð 46,782 deaths. Medellin has 161,101 ð 162,443 ð 163,802 cases, an increase of 1,359 from January to 11th to 12th. Envigado has a total of 14,747 cases, an increase of 124 from January 11th to 12th.

 

Joke of the day

"There's very little advice in men's magazines because men think, ‘I know what I'm doing. Just show me somebody naked!’" Jerry Seinfeld.

No comments:

Post a Comment