Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Monday, January 4, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking at 5:30 and getting up at 6am.

I texted my brother about the possibility of visiting Lima, Peru in February. Of course I’m talking about February 2022.

Uh-oh. Michael trapped my queen and I only got a rook in exchange but he soon dropped a knight and now material wise we’re about back to even.

I’m having another close game with Howex.

I’ve got a good attack started against the German guy but I think the Italian guy aborted his game.

Teresa gave me a bag of old bread pieces and at 8am I left for my walk in a cool 70 degrees. In Parque San Marcos I dropped the pieces and was surprised there were no birds swarming the spot. I passed by Aymara and then completed my usual back street route returning at 9am.

Teresa left for her gym class a few minutes later.

Teresa returned at 12:15.

I beat Michael again and also Howex for the first time in a tough game and now my rating is 1304.

Michael is going to take a break because he feels he’s making too many silly mistakes.

I beat Teresa today in parcheesi 3 games to 2.

Teresa asked me to go to Pepo’s Cake to buy a cake but I didn’t want to go. She begged me to go (actually it was more like whining) so I looked up their phone number and had her call to see if they deliver. She said the number didn’t work. I changed clothes and walked to La Buena Mesa where I found Pepo’s Cake was closed; then I remembered I’ve done this before and they must be closed on Mondays.  I had a café con leche at a table outside Parva before returning to the apt.

I finished season 1 of The Last Kingdom on Netflix.

 

I got an answer from Chessbase to my email question. They said I can leave or uninstall ChessBase 15 as I desire (I recently upgraded to ChessBase 16). I think I’ll uninstall it hoping to save some space on my hard drive.

 

Trump’s call with Raffensperger wasn’t just a direct attack on American democracy. It also was most likely a criminal offense. It is a federal felony to knowingly attempt “to deprive or defraud the residents of a State of a fair and impartially conducted election process” through “the procurement, casting, or tabulation of ballots that are known by the person to be materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent under the laws of the State in which the election is held.” Vox.

 

The US has 20,304,229 ð 20,560,316 ð 20,745,962 coronavirus cases with 348,900+ ð 351,000+ ð 352,300+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,666,408 ð 1,675,820 ð 1,686,131 cases with 43,765 ð 43,965 ð 44,187 deaths. Medellin has 149,291 ð 150,773 ð 152,042 cases, an increase of 1,279 from January to 3rd to 4th. Envigado has a total of 13,534 cases, an increase of 153 from January 3rd to 4th.

 

Joke of the day

"There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz SL500." Frank Sinatra.

No comments:

Post a Comment