Monday, January 25, 2021

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 12:30, again at 2:30, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

Actually, about 5 minutes after I went to bed, I heard an ambulance approach in the distance and then came close but instead of hearing the siren die out again in the distance it suddenly stopped. I noticed Teresa looking out through the vertical blinds and she said someone has Covid. I don’t know how she could tell but I didn’t get up to check I just fell asleep.

Uche2000 resigned his game increasing my rating to 1482. He then challenged me to 2 games so I will be playing both the white pieces and black pieces against him. Like my current game against Michael I switched my opening with the white pieces from the London System to the English, Botvinnik attack.

I left the apt at 8am and met Glenn and Bianca at the bus stop. We got off at Parque Poblado and walked down the 6 blocks to Ganso & Castor. We had no problem getting a table. We shared an almond croissant with our coffee and later I had the acai berries with granola, fruit and Greek yogurt and he had fried eggs with a bagel. We left about 10:30 and checked out other cafes in the area (not many). We stopped at BrooklynRL and checked out their breakfast menu. I might try his steak and eggs but he doesn’t open until 10am.

We shared a taxi back to Envigado and they got out at Jumbo and I continued on to Viva Envigado. While having coffee at Todo Fresa Teresa called me and asked me to order chicken from Frisby. I checked my Rappi app and was surprised that Frisby wasn’t listed. I googled their hours and they should be open. I checked their website but didn’t see any deliver instructions. I called Teresa back and she suggested I order it from the food court upstairs. Good idea. I did and returned to the apt with it 10 minutes after I picked it up. (The whole chicken cost 37,500 pesos when usually I pay about 58,400 when I use Rappi; of course, the latter is usually with a family size cole slaw.)

I lost a game to Howex in 7 moves. Sigh! I won a couple other games and my rating is now 1472.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi 5 games to 2.

 

The US has 24,782,244 ð 24,966,272 ð 25,166,528 coronavirus cases with 412,000+ ð 415,600+ ð 419,000+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,987,418 ð 2,002,969 ð 2,013,014 cases with 50,586 ð 50,982 ð 51,374 deaths. Medellin has 176,012 ð 177,074 ð 178,003 cases, an increase of 929 from January 23rd to 24th. Envigado has a total of 16,118 cases, an increase of 80 from January 23rd to 24th.

 

Joke of the day

A priest was called away for an emergency. Not wanting to leave the confessional unattended, he called his rabbi friend from across the street and asked him to cover for him. The rabbi told him he wouldn't know what to say, but the priest told him to come on over and he'd stay with him for a little bit and show him what to do.

The rabbi comes over and he and the priest are in the confessional. After a few minutes a woman enters and says, "Father forgive me for I have sinned." The priest asks, "What did you do?". The woman says, "I committed adultery." Priest: "How many times?" Woman: "Three times." Priest: "Say two Hail Mary's, put $5 in the box and go and sin no more."

A few minutes later a man enters the confessional. He says, "Father forgive me for I have sinned." Priest: "What did you do?" Man: "I committed adultery." Priest, "How many times?" Man, "Three times." Priest, "Say two Hail Mary's put $5 in the box and go and sin no more."

The rabbi tells the priest that he thinks he's got it, so the priest leaves.

A few minutes later another woman enters and says, "Father forgive me for I have sinned." Rabbi, "What did you do?" Woman, "I committed adultery." Rabbi, "How many times?" Woman, "Once."

Rabbi: "Go do it two more times. We have a special this week, three for $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment