Friday, January 29, 2021

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, waking at 5:15 and getting up at 5:30.

Since I’ve started my new sleep routine, 2 hours before going to bed, I’ve been sleeping much better.

Teresa left early to stand in line at eps and late morning she has an appointment in Poblado so I’m on my own for breakfast and lunch. (We have no milk so I can’t have breakfast here and having the wrong pico y cedula number I won’t be able to enter Exito today.)

I left the apt just after 8am and I ran into Jerry halfway to the mall. We were in front of the bus stop so we sat down and chatted for a bit. He recommended a book called Magdalena River of Dreams.

At the mall I had my usual complete breakfast at Habia Una Vez followed by coffee at Todo Fresa until the stores opened at 10am. Entering H&M I told the guard I needed to make an exchange which is probably why he didn’t staple my bag closed. I went upstairs to the men’s area and I searched through about a dozen pairs of shorts, most M or S. I found a pair in the same color as I was returning (navy blue) in size L and a black pair in size 36. I exchanged the former without any problem. If they fit, I’ll probably return and buy the latter pair.

Outside the mall I bought another package of 5 KN95 masks for 35mil. At the shoe repair shop and dropped off my Chicago Bears sandals for repair for 23mil, prepaid. I understand they will text me via Whatsapp when they are ready for pickup.

I took a taxi back to the apt. Teresa was just leaving for her 11am appointment as I returned at 10:45.

The shorts fit perfectly so I will be going back to H&M to buy the other pair in black. One of the features I like is the waistband is elastic, two features I don’t understand is the back pockets are sewn shut and there is a “shoelace” like tie on the inside to close the waistband (in addition to the zipper and button closures).

I left the apt at 1:15 and walked to Na Pizza where I had their meatball sandwich that I’ve been wanting to try for quite a while. It was actually 2 sandwiches with 3 meatballs in each. It was very tasty, very messy, very tasty, but inconvenient to eat.

On the way back to the apt I stopped at a small grocery store and bought milk, lettuce and hamburger buns.

I returned to the apt by 2:30 and Teresa returned about 30 minutes later.

I finally finished the last season (4) of The Last Kingdom. There might have been a new season released soon but who knows at what stage they are in re: production due to the pandemic.

My son in Chicago got vaccinated against Covid-19 yesterday, probably so early because he’s a high school teacher.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi 5 games to 2.

I had an Angus burger for supper, boy those things shrink when they’re cooked.

 

The US has 25,268,294 ð 25,400,153 ð 25,711,692 coronavirus cases with 423,100+ ð 427,200+ ð 430,900+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,041,352 ð 2,055,305 ð 2,067,575 cases with 52,128 ð ð 52,523 ð 52,913 deaths. Medellin has 179,334 ð 179,908 ð 179,913 cases, an increase of 701 from January 27th to 28th.  Envigado has a total of 16,377 cases, an increase of 61 from January 27th to 28th.

 

Joke of the day

The guys were all at a deer camp. No one wanted to room with George because he snored so badly. They decided it wasn't fair to make one of them stay with him the whole time, so they voted to take turns. The first guy roomed with George and comes to breakfast the next morning with his hair a mess and his eyes all bloodshot. They said, 'Man, what happened to you?’

He said, 'George snored so loudly, I just sat up and watched him all night.' 

The next night it was a different guy's turn. In the morning, same thing - hair all standing up, eyes all bloodshot. They said, 'Man, what happened to you? You look awful!' He said, 'Man, that George shakes the roof with his snoring. I watched him all night.'

The third night was Pete's turn. Pete was a big burly ex-Navy man, a man's man. The next morning he came to breakfast bright eyed and bushy tailed.' Good morning,' he said. 

They couldn't believe it! They said, 'Man, what happened?' 

He said, 'Well, we got ready for bed. I went and tucked George into bed, patted him on the butt, and kissed him good night. George sat up and watched me all night. I slept fine.'

1 comment:

  1. Terry, hope you have a fine day.

    Would you mind sharing your night time routine that is helping you sleep better? I know you have mentioned some parts of it.
    Thanks, Jack W

    ReplyDelete