Thursday, January 28, 2021

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, finally waking at 5:30, catnapping until getting up at 6:45.

I met Marcos at his apt at 8:15 and we walked to Parque Envigado and back. Parva wasn’t open yet so we had coffee at Los Portenos. (The price here is 13mil compared to only 8 mil at Parva.) I recognized one of the Boston firemen I met some months ago and we chatted briefly. His father and 2 brothers all retired here. I was back at the apt by 9:30.

I tried to watch another episode of The Last Kingdom but I kept getting a Netflix error. My son suggested I reboot everything which I did and then it worked.

 

I beat sseltimil and uche2000 but lost to TheHonorable Knight with a net increase of 2 rating points to 1481.

We left the apt at 6pm and took a taxi through very heavy traffic to Pricesmart. As we approached our destination it sounded to me like the driver offered to wait for us. Teresa entered his phone number in her cellphone and handed it to me. I pushed 2 buttons to “add to contacts”. I handed it back and told her to enter his name. She turned off her phone and told me not to worry his name is “Jhon”. Yeah, that will work. LOL.

We picked up a number of our usual items including 2 boxes of almond milk for Teresa and a bag of Tostones chips for me. New for me I purchased a package of 8 soft Colgate toothbrushes, a 2200-gram bag of Toning granola and a package of 8 Angus beef hamburger patties. When we left she made a call then told me the taxi driver didn’t answer. I believe that. We waited in a short line for a taxi back to the apt returning by 7:30.

 

The US has 25,166,528 ð 25,268,294 ð 25,400,153 coronavirus cases with 420,200+ ð 423,100+ ð 427,200+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,027,746 ð 2,041,352 ð 2,055,305 cases with 51,747 ð 52,128 ð ð 52,523 deaths. Medellin has 178,728 ð 179,334 ð 179,908 cases, an increase of 574 from January 26th to 27th.  Envigado has a total of 16,315 cases, an increase of 65 from January 26th to 27th. New cases and deaths finally appear to be dipping. The curfew appears to be working, keep it up.

 

Joke of the day

A young lad went to a tailor shop in Scotland. He told the tailor, "I'd like ye to make me a kilt with this material here, and if ye don't mind, I'd like ye to make me a pair of matching underwear for it. I hear it gets a might drafty up dem tings."

A few days later, the tailor called the lad back to the shop. "Here's ye kilt, and here's ye matching underwear, and here's five yards of material left over. Take it home and keep it in case you want anything else made of it."

The lad rushed home and donned his kilt. He decided to run to his girlfriend's house to show off his new purchase. Unfortunately, in his excitement, he forgot to wear his underwear.

When his girlfriend answered the door, he pointed to his kilt and said, "Well, what'd ye think?"

"Ah, but dat's a fine looking kilt," she exclaimed.

"Aye, and if ye like it, y'ell really like what's underneath," he bragged as he lifted his kilt.

"Oh, but dat's a dandy," his girlfriend shouted admiringly.

Still not realizing that he didn't have his underwear on, he exclaimed quite proudly, "Aye, and if ye like it, I've got five more yards of it at home!"

No comments:

Post a Comment