Friday, January 15, 2021

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:15pm, couldn’t fall asleep (felt stuffy), turned on the fan, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 4:30, catnapped from there, woke/got up at 6am.

6 more days of this presidency; unless he’s removed from office first or resigns.

According to Medellin Guru, pico y cedula doesn’t begin until tomorrow so I should be able to get into the mall this morning.

The street is wet so obviously we got a little rain overnight.

I left the apt at 7:30 and walked to Parque Envigado. Carbon de Lena wasn’t opened yet but it was only 7:50. I bought another box of Zopiclona at Todo Drogas and returned to the park. The restaurant still wasn’t open and neither was the copy center where I wanted to buy another chess notebook. I’m just too early. I walked to El Pastelito where I had their calentado with scrambled eggs and a café con leche.

I walked to the mall and paid for Direct TV at the Baloto kiosk. I was having a café con leche at Todo Fresa when Teresa called and told me she would soon be joining me. When she arrived (in her gym clothes) she had coffee with a couple chicken pastries which she said were delicous. Teresa did some shopping (lots of good sales she said) and found a pair of leggings in the Puma store. Around noon we walked over to Bocados Bar where we had lunch at Wilson’s restaurant. MT soon joined us but said she wasn’t hungry but they soon ordered Ajiaco.

Teresa said shewas going to go to SantaFe mall. I walked back across the street where I bought a few things at Exito and took a taxi back to the apt.

Cwelch231 (1557) resigned his game and my rating increased to 1412. I’m feeling comfortable with my other games.

I had a 2-hour chess lesson with Juan Castro.

Teresa returned at 5:15. She said she was calling me all afternoon and why didn’t I answer. She sent me a test call but my phone didn’t ring and she got my voice mail. I think Claro is having a problem. Later, about 8pm, I got messages from Claro that I had 2 missed calls.

 

New York City will terminate business contracts with President Donald Trump after last week's insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Wednesday.

 

The largest union of Amtrak workers called on Amtrak to step up security measures in and around Washington, D.C. in the wake of the Capitol riot, including banning people on the no-fly list. The call for increased security comes after flight attendants wanted pro-Trump rioters banned from planes.

 

Following the Democratic sweep at the ballot box in Georgia, Republican officials are racing to tighten election laws to prevent a repeat of the purported massive electoral fraud they claim took place this cycle. At the same time, Trump’s handpicked Peach State fraud buster, Acting U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Georgia Bobby Christine, is admitting privately to his staff that actually there isn’t any fraud at all. “Quite frankly, just watching television you would assume that you got election cases stacked from the floor to the ceiling,” Christine said Monday on a call with lawyers from the Northern District Office which was leaked to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I am so happy to find out that’s not the case, but I didn’t know coming in.”

 

Airbnb said today that “in response to various local, state and federal officials asking people not to travel to Washington, D.C.” it will be canceling all reservations in the area for next week, which is the week of President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration. This will apply to all reservations on Airbnb-owned HotelTonight as well.

The company had already said that it would ban anyone who was involved in last week’s riot in the U.S. Capitol, but it’s now taking a much more aggressive step to avoid housing anyone who might have violent plans during the inauguration.

 

Famed Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein on Wednesday responded to the impeachment of Donald Trump for inciting the U.S. Capitol riot with a damning rebuke of the president’s congressional GOP enablers.

In an interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper, Bernstein described Trump as “deluded,” “delusional” and “the most dangerous president in our history,” warning it was “imperative that he be restrained in a constitutional straitjacket in the next few days.”

Cooper asked Bernstein how the country could move on when so many of Trump’s supporters believe his lie that the 2020 election was stolen from him.

“This is the crime of his Republican enablers,” Bernstein responded, noting how almost 200 GOP House Republicans had earlier in the day voted against impeaching Trump over the insurrection that rocked Washington last week. It was the second impeachment of Trump’s one-term presidency.

Bernstein compared the current support of congressional Republicans for Trump to the significantly less backing afforded to former President Richard Nixon over the Watergate scandal, which prompted him to resign.

“That’s the huge difference in the dynamic,” Bernstein explained. “Because this president, in his irrational, illegal, and seditious conduct, has been enabled by his Republican congressional cult, and there’s been no restraints placed on him by that cult.”

 

The US has 22,797,730 ð 22,991,139 ð 23,264,350 coronavirus cases with 379,000+ ð 382,600+ ð 386,900+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,816,082 ð 1,831,980 ð 1,849,101 cases with 46,782 ð 47,124 ð 47,491 deaths. Medellin has 163,802 ð 164,919 ð 166,220 cases, an increase of 1,301 from January to 13th to 14th. Envigado has a total of 15,038 cases, an increase of 185 from January 13th to 14th.

 

Joke of the day

"It's been so long since I've had sex, I've forgotten who ties up whom." Joan Rivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment