Sunday, January 3, 2021

Saturday, January 2, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, fell asleep quickly, got up 4 times during the night, woke up at 5am and got up at 6am.

Thankfully, very few fireworks were shot off last night.

I lost to Howex and my rating is now 1113. According to computer analysis I was winning that game and missed a lot of opportunities. Sigh!

I got too cute in my opening in the new game against Michael and I’m losing that one also.

I started a couple more correspondence games against random players. One is in Germany and the other in Italy.

Well, I laid a trap for Michael that he fell into and he’s going to lose his queen for my rook. Now the endgame which shouldn’t be too difficult.

And…the rain started about 3:15 but didn’t last long.

Michael resigned and my new rating is 1155.

Today I beat Teresa in parcheesi 4 games to 3.

Medellin’s year end curfew ends tomorrow at 6am so I’ll be able to go to Ganso y Castor for breakfast. James should be there also from his sojourn to Peru.

 

Hundreds of elderly people in Tennessee waiting for hours to receive a coronavirus vaccine on New Year's Eve were told to go home because of a shortage in supplies. But once they left, health officials called up and administered the vaccine to their friends and close contacts, according to WRCB-TV, an NBC affiliate. 

 

The US has 19,891,538 ð 20,116,278 ð 20,304,229 coronavirus cases with 344,200+ ð 347,200+ ð 348,900+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,642,775 ð 1,654,880 ð 1,666,408 cases with 43,213 ð 43,495 ð 43,765 deaths. Medellin has 147,020 ð 148,202 ð 149,291 cases, an increase of 1,083 from January 1st to 2nd. Envigado has a total of 13,190 cases, an increase of 133 from January 1st to 2nd.

 

Joke of the day

An American walks into an Irish pub and says to the patrons, "I'll bet $500 that none of you can drink 10 pints of Guinness in 10 minutes."

People raise their heads but ignore the absurd bet and go back to drinking and merrymaking, except an Irishman who leaves the bar.

Some time passes and the Irishman comes back to the pub and approaches the American.

"Is yer bet still on the table?"

The American replies, "Sure it is! Bartender, get this man his drinks."

The bartender lines up 10 pints of Guinness on the bar.

The Irishman starts drinking and drinks up all the Guinness in less than 5 minutes.

Astonished, the American hands over the money and asks, "Well, may I ask where you went earlier? Did you go to prepare in some ancient Irish way?"

"Nah. I went to the pub next door first to see if I could do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment