Monday, January 4, 2021

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

I left the apt at 7:45 with a bottle of Italian salad dressing that Glenn asked me to pick up for him at Pricesmart. I met him and Bianca across from the Honda dealership on Avenida Poblado. When a bus was coming Glenn was taking out cash and he accidentally let loose of the leash and Bianca took off. He soon corralled her and another bus soon arrived. I noticed there was no ciclovia going on so I called Teresa to tell her because she mentioned she might go walking. Of course she didn’t answer but she usually calls me back 5 minutes later.

We got off just passed Parque Poblado and walked down to Ganso & Castor arriving at 8:20. James was already there and he had taken a table inside. Glenn requested, and I seconded, that we sit outside. Seating was surprisingly full and we had a 15-minute wait for a table. A young man sitting alone finally left and I claimed the table. I found a pair of eyeglasses he left on his seat and was able to catch him before he disappeared.

We started with our usual coffee and almond croissants. I asked our waiter to tell the kitchen to start defrosting some acai berries because I would soon be ordering them. Waiters set up 2 tables together nearby and 6 customers sat down. A lady draped her purse over her knee so I went over and started telling her in Spanish that she could put it on a hook under the table. She stopped me midsentence and answered in English complimenting me on my Spanish.

They ordered their usual eggs and I my acai berries with granola, fruit and Greek yogurt. James told us great things about Lima, Peru. There is more English spoken there and they seem to understand his Spanish better than Colombia natives. It is cooler (temperature wise) than Medellin but more expensive. He also met a pretty girl and plans to return soon.

At one point Johnathon from Brooklyn RL (Restaurant & Lounge) came over and informed us that he’s opening his new location less than 100’ from where we were sitting. Ganso & Castor is on one side of the street and Olivia, Barbacoa and now Brooklyn are on the other.

Teresa finally returned my call and I told her about the fact that I didn’t see any ciclovia going on today.

About 11:15 James’ friend Johnathon showed up and they left and Glenn and I caught a taxi back to Envigado. Glenn and Bianca got off at Jumbo and I got out across from Mercado Madrid where I picked up a bag of milk before returning to the apt.

I soon learned the Bears 1pm game has been moved to a 4:25pm start. That makes sense that the Bears/Packers and Cardinals/Rams game would start at the same time because the result will determine if the Bears or Cardinals take the final seed in the NFC playoffs.

We ordered chicken from Frisby for lunch.

I watched the Chicago Bears lose to the Green Bay Packers 35-16 but the Bears are the 7th wild card seed due to the LA Chargers beating the Arizona Cardinals 18-7. They play next Sunday at 4:40pm at New Orleans Saints on CBS.

 

All 10 living former US defense secretaries declared that the US presidential election is over in a forceful public letter published in The Washington Post on Sunday as President Donald Trump continues to deny his election loss to Joe Biden.

 

US President Donald Trump has been recorded telling Georgia's top election official to "find" enough votes to overturn the election result. "I just want to find 11,780 votes," Mr Trump told Republican Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in a recording released by the Washington Post.

Legendary Watergate journalist Carl Bernstein reacts to audio obtained by the Washington Post of President Donald Trump pushing Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to "find" votes to overturn the election results in the state. “This is the ultimate smoking gun tape.”

If Trump’s actions don’t meet the definition of sedition, what does?

 

The US has 20,116,278 ð 20,304,229 ð 20,560,316 coronavirus cases with 347,200+ ð 348,900+ ð 351,000+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,654,880 ð 1,666,408 ð 1,675,820 cases with 43,495 ð 43,765 ð 43,965 deaths. Medellin has 148,202 ð 149,291 ð 150,773 cases, an increase of 1,182 from January to 2nd to 3rd. Envigado has a total of 13,381 cases, an increase of 134 from January 2nd to 3rd.

 

Joke of the day

A man was playing golf one day and he got lost. He saw a young lady playing up ahead of him and went over to her and said, "Can you please help me? I don't know what hole I'm on."

She told him, "You are one hole behind me, I'm on 7 and you are on 6." He thanked her and carried on playing golf. On the back nine, he got lost again.

He saw the same woman and went over to her again, "I'm sorry to bother you but I'm lost again, can you please tell me what hole I'm on?"

She told him "You are one hole behind me, I'm on 14 and you are on 13." Again he thanked her and continued playing golf. When he finished he saw her in the clubhouse.

He went over to her and asked if he could buy her a drink for helping him out. She accepted. As they were drinking and chatting he asked her what she did for a living. "I'm in sales", she replied, "No kidding so am I, what do you sell?"

She said it's too embarrassing to tell. But after he kept pleading to know what she sold she said she'd tell him if he promised not to laugh. He promised.

She said, "I sell tampons." The bloke immediately fell to the floor laughing his socks off. She said, "You promised you wouldn't laugh!"

"I'm so sorry," he replied, "but I couldn't help it... I sell toilet paper, I'm still one hole behind you!"

1 comment:

  1. BINGO! LOL - Thanx Terry, today's JOTD is one I hadn't heard before.
    (Sigh, they're getting farther and farther between. Guessing that it's part of what happens the older we get!)

    ReplyDelete