Friday, January 1, 2021

Thursday, December 31, 2020

It’s New Years Eve! I wonder if there’s going to be a lot of noise at bedtime this evening.

Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

Well, at one point we thought we saw a bat flying through the house but it was just a large butterfly or moth the size of your hand. It settled on the living room drapes and after breakfast I went to check on it and it flew out the balcony door. I went into my bedroom closet and I found another mariposa there but it soon flew out the bedroom window.

I left the apt at 9:20 and walked to the bookstore where I exchanged paperbacks for 2mil. I bought 5 more money envelopes at the copy center then bought my monthly medicines at Todo Drogas. (I asked the salesman for ibuprofen and he showed me Advil; I thought it would be called something else here.)  I bought a bottle of L-arginine at the tienda naturista then walked to the mall.

On the 3rd floor I found Bancolombia – closed. Sigh! I guess I should have checked their holiday hours when I was here Tuesday.

I went down to Todo Fresa where I had a café con leche. I’m winning my 3rd game against Michael. I waited a bit then called Teresa and informed her that the bank is closed so I won’t be able to pay for the apt as such until next Tuesday the 5th (unless they change the pico y cedula days). She asked me to meet her at H&M where she wants to exchange some clothes. It took me a little bit to figure out that she was already there, not in the apt. I told her to meet me in Todo Fresa when she is done shopping.

She arrived about 30 minutes later and she rested a few minutes. We stopped nextdoor in Home Center where she looked for a cover for our new sofa recliner. I guess she didn’t like the quality of color of what they had available because we didn’t buy any.

Teresa told me she was hungry so we went up to Crepes & Waffles where we each ordered the chicken, broccoli and cheese crepe with a juice.

We bought a few things in Exito then returned to the apt via taxi.

I received a challenge to play chess from someone with a username of Howex. Probably a friend of Michael’s. His rating is 1645 to compare to my 1060.

For supper Teresa made lasagna and I made garlic bread. Next time I think it would be better if we just share one as that was too much food.

We went to bed at 10:30 and the fireworks started. I closed the bedroom window, drapes and turned on the fan to the lowest setting.

 

The US has 19,421,685 ð 19,655,574 ð 19,891,538 coronavirus cases with 336,400 ð 340,500+ ð 344,200+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,614,822 ð 1,626,461 ð 1,642,775 cases with 42,620 ð 42,909 ð 43,213 deaths. Medellin has 144,946 ð 145,843 ð 147,020 cases, an increase of 1,180 from December 30th to 31st. Envigado has a total of 12,955 cases, an increase of 151 from December 30th to 31st.


Joke of the day

The Irish are always the first ones to come to the aid of their fellow man.  
Shortly after take-off on an outbound, evening Aer Lingus flight from Dublin to Boston, the lead flight attendant nervously made the following  painful announcement in her lovely Irish brogue: "Ladies and gentlemen,  I'm so very sorry, but it appears that there has been a terrible mix-up by our catering service.   
I don't know how this has happened, but we have 103 passengers on board, and unfortunately, we received only 40 dinner meals. I truly apologize for this mistake and inconvenience."
When the muttering of the passengers had died down, she continued, "Anyone who is kind enough to give up their meal so that someone else can eat, will receive free and unlimited drinks for the duration of our 10-hour flight.”
Her next announcement came about 2 hours later: "If anyone is hungry, we still  have 40 dinners available." 

No comments:

Post a Comment