Thursday, January 21, 2021

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally awakened at 6am by a semi truck’s hydraulics.

Inaugaration Day! In the last few hours of the Trump presidency he granted clemency to 143 people including Steve Bannon. Donald J. Trump, he is who we thought he was.

Teresa left at 7:30 for a blood draw and she said after she is going to get her thyroid checked. Not sure if “after” means today or another day.

I went on my usual walk from 8am to 9am and it appeared that Pepo’s Cake had reopened.

One of my chess opponents who I have an easy win against is now “on vacation”. Per Chess.com, you can take up to 3 months for vacation.

I lost to Dabartinis and my rating is now 1429. (I have to use my notes more in the opening; you just aren’t allowed to use chess engines (computers)).

I’m enjoying watching the inauguration festivities on CNN.

I beat sseltimil to increase my rating to 1437.

I just realized today I my 8th anniversary here in Colombia.

Teresa left at 3:15 to meet with a friend and they are going to Viva Envigado for some kind of skin treatment. As soon as she left I went to Pepo’s Cake and bought a strawberry cake, for 16mil, to surprise her.

 

I finally won a very tactical game against Howex increasing my rating 18 points to 1463. That was only my 2nd win versus 5 losses with him.

Teresa returned at 7pm and informed me that the skin procedure she was interested in in Viva Envigado would require permission from her oncologist.

 

The US has 24,091,135 ð 24,249,722 ð 24,385,524 coronavirus cases with 398,600+ ð 400,800+ ð 403,900+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,923,132 ð 1,939,071 ð 1,956,979 cases with 49,004 ð 49,401 ð 49,792 deaths. Medellin has 170,159 ð 172,999 ð 173,974 cases, an increase of 976 from January to 19th to 20th. Envigado has a total of 15,773 cases, an increase of 102 from January 19th to 20th.

 

Joke of the day

There once were two very successful thieves. They had a knack for finding unguarded entries to rich houses and robbing them of their gold.

They were both, however, devout Catholics, and they knew the 10 commandments. So, after deliberating the issue, they decided to go to the church with their loot to confess their sins to the Lord.

They also decided to offer some part of the gold they robbed to the church to wash away their wrongdoings. But they couldn't decide how much of their loot to offer.

The first one thinks for a minute, then draws a foot-long circle on the floor.

He lifts his face up and says, "Oh lord, I'll throw all my loot into the air, whatever lands inside the circle is yours and what little is left outside I'll keep for myself."

Saying this he threw all his loot up in the air. As it came down almost all of the gold fell outside the circle except for few coins. He praises the Lord for his generosity and collects his share smiling.

The second one steps back and thinks hard.

He lets out a deep sigh and says, "Oh lord! Forgive me for my sins. I won't make you pick up your share from the floor like my friend. I'll throw up all my loot towards you in the heavens. Please keep whatever you want and just throw back whatever you think I deserve."

No comments:

Post a Comment