Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas everyone!

Again I slept well despite getting up several times during the night.
Well, there aren’t any presents under the Christmas tree – because there aren’t any presents and there isn’t any tree.  If I had more money I might be able to buy a few presents but alas, it is what it is.  But Teresa does a nice job of decorating the apt with the Christmas decorations we do have – and local flowers.

Laura came back at 10:30 and went right to bed.  Teresa said she was out partying and dancing all night.

While preparing lunch Teresa took a Pyrex dish out of the oven and I asked her if she had others.  (Just to explain, the oven doesn’t work because we don’t have gas, she was just trying to keep the potatoes warm.)  She showed me another dish that looked a lot like the one I saw yesterday in Exito.  So, all I need is the oven thermometer and she will have everything she needs to make meatloaf.  Only, even though all the ingreients and directions are in the Betty Crocker cookbook in Spanish, she says she wants my brother to show her how to make it.

We had a nice lunch of turkey breast, potatoes with cheese, salad and fresh juice.

I watched some NFL football on Direct TV and basically snacked on cookies most of the day.

At 10pm Teresa found a movie she wanted to see – Parker (6.2) starring Jason Statham and Jennifer Lopez.  It was scheduled to end at 11:30 so I took my melatonin at 10:30.  Teresa was watching it in Spanish without English subtitles so during the talking scenes I tried to look away as much as possible.  When the movie hadn’t ended by 11:45 we gave up, I took my sleeping pills and went to bed.  Luckily, something worked and I fell asleep quickly.


T-shirt of the day: I miss you … when I’m bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment