Monday, December 25, 2017

Sunday, December 24, 2017

I woke/got up at 8am.

We left the apt at 11am as Teresa had a few things she needed to buy at Exito.  I just needed to return by 1pm so I could watch my football game.

We stopped at Exito Viajes Express and Teresa talked with a lady working there.  She showed her a flight for January 22nd – 26th for a little over 400,000 pesos.  I’m not sure if that included a suitcase or not but I understood she could wait until January 10th or so to book it.  I picked up a brochure where I saw a bus trip to Eje Cafetero (the coffee region) for 739,200 per person – that included transportation, room, breakfast and dinner, taxes and emergency medical assistance.

In Exito, while she shopped for Christmas dinner items I went to the kitchen area but I didn’t see any oven thermometers.  I did find a Pyrex loaf pan for 25,400 COP but it looked small to me.  I was looking for an 8”x4” or 9”x5” pan but it was listed in centimeters.  I had to find a measuring tape to do the conversion - I was too lazy to multiple by 2.54 - and it appears that it was of the correct size.  I’ll check out Home Center next – another day.

Just to have something different I suggested we buy what looked like a fruit cake.  Teresa declined.  Then I showed her a long box – a Classic Cookie Collection a yard long European assortment.  She agreed as it was only 24,300 pesos.

While Teresa waited in line with the groceries I went and sat down on a bench on the other side of the cashier.  At one point everything seemed to stop for 5-10 minutes; the cashier and bagger just standing there.  Price check?  I had no idea.

Finally things got rolling again and I got up and paid for our purchases.  We waited 10 minutes for a taxi back to the apt.  When we got back we found we had a few extra items in our bags – a Levi’s XL t-shirt, a Levi’s S t-shirt, a “blouse”, and a bag of candy all totalling about 200,000 pesos.  We’re going to wash the XL t-shirt and hopefully it will shrink a little so it will fit me better.

I watched the Chicago Bears (5-10) beat the (0-15) Cleveland Browns 20-3.  (Now the hapless Browns are guaranteed the first pick in next year’s draft - again.)  I got a clear broadcast with no buffering.

The yard long box of cookies actually contains 4 separate packages of the same 7 cookies.  We tried the first package and it seemed a little stale to me.  It’s a product of Germany with a “satisfaction guaranteed” sticker on it. 

I understand Laura has to work until the 31st of December although she will be off tomorrow.

The Colombian Peso closed at 2,956 to the US Dollar.

About 6:30 Teresa reminded me that I bought a small carton of Haagen Dazs Macadamia Nut Brittle ice cream.  I couldn’t find it in the freezer and then Teresa then realized she never removed it from the plastic bag.  I quickly put it in the freezer for a few hours.
It was still soft when I took it out a few hours later and Teresa thought it was too sweet.

Laura left about 9pm to spend Christmas Eve with her girlfriend in Caldas.


T-shirt of the day: Anti-social social club.

No comments:

Post a Comment