Thursday, December 7, 2017

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Well, last night’s sleep was typical – up twice during the night but fell back asleep quickly – finally waking at 7:30 and getting up at 8am.

I watched the first 45 minutes of the Today show and then walked down the hill to the tourist office.  It looked like there was some type of meeting going on but I found a Colombia Tourist Map right away and thanked them.

I walked over to Exito Travel where I found this promotional trip to San Andres outside.




I walked up the hill to the park where I had a limonada de coco.  A gringo came out of an upstairs apartment and introduced himself as Shawn from Canada.  I invited him to sit and talk for awhile but he had to leave right away as he had a problem with Tigo that he needs to iron out.  Alan soon joined me and we talked for awhile.

I walked over to the bookstore where I exchanged Pearl Harbor for The Pilot for 5mil.

My daughter’s birthday present has shipped.  So far, right on schedule.

I started feeling a scratchy throat so I took an Excedrin Migraine.  Hopefully I haven’t caught Laura’s cold.

Well, Teresa received a phone call and I understand she will have to go to San Andres.  (The only reason she has to go I understood is something about Laura having 2 names.)  The plan now is to buy a ticket for Teresa to leave on Saturday and return on Tuesday.  I hope this works that she’s going to be gone over a weekend.
Teresa and I took a nap from about 3:20 to 4:20.

Teresa is busy setting up the apartment for Christmas.

I asked Teresa to make me some hot lemonade and she wanted me to go to Exito to buy lemons.  I told her “no” as it seems I spend half my life in Exito.  She called Wilson and I understand he will bring some when he comes to pick up soup for MT.

Teresa believes that tickets will be cheaper if we wait until after midnight to buy them so I guess tonight will be a late night.

Teresa left about 7pm to take soup to her mother and Laura left for the gym a few minutes later.  She says she’s feeling much better after getting the shots last night.

Just after midnight I went to the Viva Colombia website and chose 1 ticket for Saturday, December 2nd thru Tuesday, December 5th.  I had to repeat this to Teresa several times before she accepted it.  When I finally got to the step to pay for the ticket I had to enter my banking information.  Unfortunately, the banks were in a drop down list that only included Colombian banks so I gave up.
I finally went to bed about 12:45.


T-shirt of the day: (I saw this one just today.)  I have the body of a god.  Unfortunately, the god is Buddha.

No comments:

Post a Comment