Friday, December 15, 2017

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Teresa left again for the finca about 9:30.  I understood she was waiting for a friend to go with her.

It looks like Star Wars: The Last Jedi (8.3) opens here today – but so far, they are all late showing and dubbed in Spanish.

At 1:30 I walked over to Carbon de Leña where I had their chicken breast and a mango juice.  It also came with soup, salad and a small baked potato for 24,500 ($8.25).  I was surprised I was able to eat it all so I guess I’ve got my appetite back.

I stopped at the bakery but I didn’t see any muffins.  I did stop at Bartolos for a café con leche.

Continuing my ATM investigation I stopped at Banco de Occidente and asked a guard inside if they have an ATM machine.  He pointed outside to a couple other banks and told me it’s the same.  He showed me a sticker on the window that said Grupo Aval and I understood they are different banks that are part of the same group.  I took out my list and went back inside and asked him which banks are part of the group and he said Banco de Occidente, Banco de Bogota (ATH), Banco Popular and he added one more that I didn’t have on my list - Av Villas.

I stopped at Bancolombia and only withdrew 400mil but I was still charged an ATM fee of 12,000 pesos.  Something must have changed.  Now I have to rethink which ATM machine I want to use in order avoid higher ATM fees.

Teresa came back at 6:30.  We left the apt at 7:15 and stopped at Gold’s Barber Shop so I could get a haircut.  I had to wait sometime for a young man and child who were ahead of me.  I was sitting in the line of a fan that was blowing cold air on me so I hope it don’t get my cold back.

Besides nicking my nose with his trimmer attachment, I had some fun kidding with the young barber.  (At one point he laid the barber chair back and I asked him if this was for surgery.  Lol)  I understand he’s going to be working for a month in Queens, New York.

Well, in the end my haircut itself isn’t too bad but I don’t care at all for my beard and moustache – way too short.

He also trimmed Teresa’s eyebrows and the total came to 17,000 pesos (a little less than $6).


T-shirt of the day: Believe in the power of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment