Friday, December 8, 2017

Thursday, December 7, 2017

I was awakened about 3:30 in the morning by the sound of running water.  It was coming from the sink.  Apparently Teresa hadn’t turned the faucet off completely.

About 9am we lost our water again.

I finished Michael Palmer’s paperback The Patient.

I left the apt at 10:30, walked down the hill where I added some minutes to Teresa’s phone.  There was a young lady working Herman’s juice stand so I didn’t stop.  I got off the metro at Industriales station, walked over to Metro Plus where I caught a bus to the Fatima station.  From there it was a short straight run for minimum fare to Unicentro.

I went inside the mall and was 3rd in line to use the Bancolombia ATM.  When the first customer finished he didn’t have any cash in his hands and he had a disgusted look on his face.  I didn’t take a chance – I headed upstairs where I knew there was a small bank of ATMs.  I took the first one and was able to withdraw 400mil.  Then the machine got weird on me.  It seemed I had to press really hard to get it to register my pin number.  It was rejected and I got real nervous that my ATM card was going to be locked and I’d just made another unnecessary trip to Unicentro.  I went downstairs where I found an ATH ATM where I received an “unsuccessful transaction” message.  I walked around until I found a Servibanca ATM and this time I got lucky (though it cost me a $4 fee) and was able to withdraw some cash.

At Inter-Col I made my 2nd and last payment of 634,000 pesos for my Pensionado Visa and gave Estefania my passport.  She gave me a flyer with their new address of Calle 32C #66C-8 and told me they will be in there next Tuesday.  I thinks its about 2-4 blocks from their current location.

I caught a taxi to Santafe mall where I looked in Fedco for a new electric shaver but after all the times I saw them here, now they don’t have them.  I checked out the movies but nothing interesting in English.  I had lunch at Sarku – chicken teriyaki and I managed to eat most of it.  I walked across the street to Oviedo but their theater didn’t have anything good until 4pm.

I caught a bus back to the apt.

We went to bed and from then until about 2-3 in the morning I heard the same song played over and over again amid fireworks.


T-shirt of the day: Flawles.

No comments:

Post a Comment