Thursday, December 7, 2017

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

I was watching the Today show about 10:15 when I asked Teresa to call Inter-Col and inquire as to the progress on my new visa.  Teresa told me they are very busy and I should hurry over with my passport and the cash to pay for it.  I quickly caught a taxi outside and asked him to take me to Unicentro mall.  He exited the highway near the Exposiciones station and started heading east.  I knew something was wrong when he passed a side street he could have taken in order to head in the opposite direction where Unicentro was.  I asked him where he was going and he said Almacentro.  I told him, “no, unicentro” and he realized his mistake and quickly turned around.  When we got there he gave me a 4mil discount off the meter.

I walked to the other side of the mall where there was no line for the Bancolombia ATM.  Unfortunately, my card didn’t work.  When I walked into Inter-Col there were no customers there at all.   (So much for them being so busy.)  I explained my problem to Estefania but she wouldn’t take my passport without the payment.  I told her I’ll return tomorrow with both.

I took a taxi back to the apt after wasting about 90 minutes and 30,000 pesos.

When I got back to the apt Teresa informed me that we had lost water again.

I told Teresa about my problem and that she shouldn’t tell me that something is “a hurry” when it really isn’t.  That was her mistake but mine was not making the call to the bank before leaving.

Late afternoon Teresa’s friend Ana Maria came over for a visit of a few hours.

I finished Michael Connelly’s Nine Dragons: Harry Bosch #14 on my Nook and downloaded his The Drop: Harry Bosch #15).


T-shirt of the day: This girl loves to nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment