Thursday, December 14, 2017

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

I watched the first 90 minutes of the Today show.

Teresa and I left the apt at 1:15 and quickly caught a taxi to Torre Medica in Ciudad del Rio.  We arrived about 20 minutes early but the doctor took me right away.  After an examination he told me I have Lichen – Google says occurs when the immune system mistakenly attacks cells of the skin or mucous membranes.  He said it isn’t contagious.  He gave me a prescription for a steroid that I will take over the next couple of weeks.

I guess with Teresa’s insistence I was only charged 90mil for this visit.

Walking down the street we came to a Dollar City store.  We walked around and Teresa picked up a few things for the finca – mainly paper plates, paper cups, and plastic silverware.  I told her I just saw a Dollar City store when I was in Mayorca last weekend.  Each of the things we picked up were either 4mil or 10mil – more than the equivalent of a dollar (3,000 pesos).

We walked the remainder of the 2 blocks to Mercado del Rio.  At Sinko Market I had a Caesar salad and limonada de coco and Teresa had salmon with mandarin juice for 85,222 ($28).  We went downstairs to a little café called La Alma (The Soul) where we shared a slice of carrot cake and I had a café con leche.  We were in no hurry.  I was reading my Nook and Teresa was looking through a variety of magazines they had.  At one point she showed me the cover of a magazine called Soho and I translated the Spanish to something like “photos of the first lady”.  A few pages in Teresa showed me full frontal nude photos of Melania Trump – the first lady.  OMG, does she (or did she) have a nice figure.  I couldn’t believe it. 

We left and after a couple minutes waiting we caught a taxi.  At Calle 10 the driver turned right onto a traffic circle and I understood he was going to take side streets because of some traffic problem ahead on Avenida Las Vegas.  The only thing is his engine died.  He soon got it started again but it lasted only a few more blocks and it died again.  I finally gave him 5mil (minimum fare) and we got out.  We walked a block to a bridge exit where soon a couple policemen on motorcycles stopped next to us.  Teresa explained that we were trying to catch a taxi and one of them hailed a taxi for us.  It turned out to be the same one we had just gotten out of.  He took us a couple blocks away where it died again.  We got out and had to wait 5-10 minutes to catch another taxi.  He ended up taking us all the way back to the apt for 10,500 pesos.

I gave Teresa my keys and then walked to the pharmacy where I picked up my prescription for 56,000 ($19).


T-shirt of the day: Contents may be offensive.

2 comments:

  1. Loved your beverage today: Limonada de Codo (= Elbow Limonade!)
    Ain't Spanish fun?

    Cheers!
    ==

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-oh. Just a typo. Like the difference between Feliz Año Nuevo and Feliz Ano Nuevo. Anyway, it's fixed. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete