Thursday, December 21, 2017

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

I got up at 7am, showered, dressed, ate a bowl of cereal and Teresa and I left at 8am and we walked to La Vaquita where we bought groceries.

While I was buying a cafĂ© con leche the server asked where I was from.  I told her Chicago and she shared with me that she spent 3 years in Boston but still doesn’t know a word of English.  I guess I’m not so bad even though I’m still struggling after 5 years here.
We were back at the apt just after 9:30.

I watched the first 90 minutes of the Today show then left for the gym.  I did most of my exercises in an hour and 10 minutes.  According to a sign I saw in the gym, it will be closed the week from Christmas thru New Years Day.

I left the apt at 2:30 and quickly caught a bus downtown.  A gringo couple got on at the border of Medellin and Envigado.  I asked them where they were from and they said New Mexico.  They are spending 6 months exploring Colombia.  The woman asked me about how to get some medicine (has to stay refrigerated) from the US delivered here.  I told her I’m heading to Envios Market now and I would be happy to take them there.  Nobraska gave me my Chess Life for December, my annual benefits letter from Social Security, and my prostate vitamins from GNC.  (SS gave me a 2% cost of living increase for next year.  Yay!)  I only had to pay an extra 9,000 pesos for my package.  I also paid January’s rental of 36,000 pesos.  I wished the couple luck and caught a bus back to Envigado.  I stopped at Bartolos where I had a limonada de coco for 6,000 pesos.

In the past few weeks I’ve watched a few pairs of The Walking Dead episodes and I’m happy to report they are now showing them in order.

Esmeralda stopped by for a visit at 7:15 but she only stayed for about 15 minutes.


T-shirt of the day: The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment