Sunday, December 31, 2017

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Last night I slept well despite getting up several times during the night.  We got a little rain starting about 2am.

Laura told me she doesn’t think the couple are interested anymore as they were supposed to call her last night.

After breakfast I stopped at the paper store where I printed out the au pair letter.  Then I bought a few things at Exito.  I bought 4 bags of milk at the corner store because it’s closed every Sunday and this Monday because it’s a holiday.

I’ve been trading emails with my brother about his upcoming visit in February.

I understand now that the office in San Andres where Teresa would pick up Laura’s birth certificate is closed until January 15th.  Teresa will call then and see if they can fax us the birth certificate, if not then she will have to go there.

I downloaded Skype to my laptop and tried calling the couple in Austin, Texas but no answer.

This week the Colombian Peso closed at 2,981 per USD.

After lunch I translated the au pair letter to Spanish and returned to the paper store to print it for Teresa to read.  I stopped at the outdoor bakery where I had a café con leche and a pastry with arequipe inside.

Back at the apt, of course hours after I had changed clothes, Teresa asked me to pick up something at the corner store for the meat rolls she was making.  Grudgingly, I changed from my flip flops to my sandals and went back out.

I finished Michael Connelly’s The Fifth Witness: Mickey Haller #4 on my Nook and downloaded his The Black Box: Harry Bosch #16). 

I called the couple in Texas several times using Skype but got no answer.

I finished the Robert Ludlum paperback The Osterman Weekend.  It wasn’t very good; perhaps because it was one of his early novels?

After my usual pre-bedtime rituals I went to bed at 11:15.


T-shirt of the day: I am the next level.

1 comment:

  1. I am a Spanish teacher and instead of Skype I use Appear.in a great tool to chat online with cam. No need to download software,l free for up to 4 people and great quaity. It is very popular with teachers. Google it and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete