Monday, January 1, 2018

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Last night I went to bed at 11:15, fell asleep quickly and got up once at 4:30 and took a Vitamin C with a little water.  I got up once more at 8am, finally waking/getting up at 9:30.

Laura forwarded me an email that the Texas couple sent her.  It seems they are also interviewing another girl and will choose between the 2 of them.  That seems like a step back from what they said previously.

I watched the Chicago Bears lose to the Minnesota Vikings 23-10 to finish the season 5-11.  Now that all the games have been played we know the Bears will have the 8th pick in the 2018 draft.

I watched some more games on NFL Red Zone and later I watched 60 Minutes.

On the news, I heard there was a plane crash in Costa Rica that left 10 Americans dead.  After googling it I found that  Ten US citizens were among the victims of a small plane crash in northwest Costa Rica Sunday afternoon, Costa Rica's President said.  "The government of Costa Rica deeply regrets the death of 10 American passengers and two Costa Rican pilots," President Luis Guillermo Solis Rivera said in a statement posted on social media. An investigation into the cause of the crash will begin first thing Monday, Solis said. Everyone on board the aircraft was killed.”
Laura left at 9pm to join her friend Cindy in Caldas.  Teresa asked me to give her 2,000 pesos for bus fare.  I added another 40,000 and wished her a good time.

A ground level apartment across the street appeared to have a party going on – music, singing, talking.

Outside there were no pedestrians or cars in the street.  Feels real strange.

At 10:15 the firecrackers started.  At 10:55 the fireworks started.  I could look out one window and see at least 6 separate locations in south Envigado and towards Sabaneta sending up fireworks.  I also saw what appeared to be a drone high in the sky.  I looked out another window and saw 2-3 different locations with fireworks.  That continued until about 15 minutes into the new year.

At midnight I observed about 4 different people running through the streets dragging a suitcase behind them.  Some type of tradition that is supposed to foreshadow that they will travel in the new year.

I took my sleeping pills and, surprisingly, quickly fell asleep despite the noise outside.


T-shirt of the day: Just sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment