Friday, January 26, 2018

Thursday, January 25, 2018

I had a typical night’s sleep last night.


I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left for biking.  I quickly caught a bus to the metro.  At the stadium station they were out of bicycles so I had to walk down to Calle 44 to check one out. 

I rode to the water park, then checked in my bike and had a juice across the street at Cosechas (sp?).  A few minutes later I checked out the same bike again and rode around to the opposite side of the airport to the main terminal.  On the way I rode past Pricesmart and the southern bus terminal.  Coming back I was concerned I might not have enough time to get back to Calle 44.  (There is a one hour time limit on each check out.)  I got to the Calle 44 bike station with what I estimated was 5 minutes to spare.  Unfortunately all the racks were filled so I couldn’t return the bike.  I rode to the stadium station and checked in my bike.  I asked the girl there if I was late and she checked her phone and said “no”.  I asked how much time I had left and I understood she doesn’t have that information.

I walked over to El Viejo y El Pancake where I saw Robert Grimes.  (I checked my phone and saw that Teresa called me about 3 minutes before I had turned my phone back on.  I tried calling her but got voice mail.)  I had lunch (omelet, bacon, and 2 iced teas) while chatting with Robert.  Afterwards I walked about 3 blocks with him to Jumbo supermarket.  He picked up 6 cans of Dr. Pepper and while I was there I picked up 2 for myself for 3,590 pesos each.  (I think it’s imported because it had a Spanish nutritional information sticker on it.)  I wish they would import root beer.
On our way out I stopped at a pet store where they had a husky for sale.  He was so bored he was chasing his tail.  I moved my fingers around the glass and kind of underneath and he chased them like a cat would.  He was very playful.  I asked the woman at the counter and was told, in English, that he’s 3 months old and costs 1,200,000 pesos.  It was a beautiful dog but from the size of his paws he looks like he’s going to be a big one.

We walked the couple blocks to the Suramericana metro station.  I told Robert if he wasn’t busy I would buy him a drink in Parque Envigado.  There weren’t any tables available at Bartolos so we walked across the street to the large bakery where we were lucky to get a table in the “almost shade”.  We exchanged jokes for quite a while.

Things I learned while talking to Robert: 1) Even though the immigration website hasn’t been updated I should go there as my Cedula might be waiting for pickup, 2) There is a store a block from the park called Rimax that sells cooking thermometers, 3) Pricesmart has dill pickles and the cost of membership is only 75,000 pesos.  I would LOVE if they were to have root beer.
When we left he was going to walk down to check out Papa John’s and I stopped in Rimax.  I asked a young salesperson and he led me directly to the thermometers.  They had one that looked like the real deal for 37,000 pesos (about $13).  I decided I’d better first check and make sure my brother hadn’t already bought one for me.

Back at the apt by 5:30 I watched 2 more episodes of The Walking Dead.

Laura returned to the apt by 7pm, left for the gym at 7:30 and returned just before 10pm.  (Maybe I should follow her and see where she’s really going.)

I emailed my brother and learned that he had yet to buy the meat thermometer.  Why didn’t I take a photo of it to see if he approves?  He told me he still hasn’t heard from Las Rosas hotel and they don’t answer their phone.  I told him that I don’t know if it makes any difference but here when you call from a cell phone to a land line you have to precede the number with “034”.

Teresa finally called me at 10:30.  I understood she went to the office to get Laura’s birth certificate and it should be ready for pickup by tomorrow or Monday.

I went to bed at 11pm as usual.

T-shirt of the day: I’m going to show you how great I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment