Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Monday, January 8, 2018

I slept well last night despite getting up twice.

Today’s another holiday here so I’m sure a number of stores will be closed.

Teresa talked to her half-sister and I understand today’s lunch will have to be rescheduled.

I told Teresa about my inviting Jose to play chess in Parque Envigado and she suggested Wilson’s bar.  I said maybe we’ll meet and play first in the park and then walk down to Wilson’s for lunch and to play more there.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  Once again there is almost no traffic on this holiday.  I did all my exercises in and hour and 30 minutes including the exercise cycle.  I also added back one of my leg exercises – the Hip Abductor/Adductor.

Oh no, my USB headphones don’t seem to be working.  This might have something to do with the fact that I previously had my laptop connected via HDMI to the TV.  I’ll have to check that out.

The Bears have hired a new head coach – Matt Nagy, the offensive coordinator for the Kansas City Chiefs.  Now, we’ll see if they can keep Vic Fancio – our defensive coordinator – whose contract expires tomorrow.

Surprisingly, Teresa asked me if there are any good movies playing.  I showed her the trailer for Blind (5.5) and she seemed to like it.  It’s showing at Oviedo at 6:50pm.

Laura came back at 4:30, now the ladies are taking showers and about 6pm we’ll all change clothes and leave for the movie theater.

I was afraid that taxis might be hard to find today.  For the first time I used the Tappsi app on my cellphone to call for a taxi.  It arrived about 5 minutes later.  I learned that there’s a code that they give you that I guess I’m supposed to give the driver so he knows we are the ones who called him.

He dropped us off at Oviedo although I had him turn too soon and we used an entrance I wasn’t familiar with.

Upstairs at the theater there was a short line.  Most of the good seats were already taken so I paid 20mil apiece for preferred seating.  There was a long line at the concession counter but we managed to get our snacks and into the theater just before the main feature started.  (There was a man sitting next to Teresa that was annoyingly snorting throughout the show – like he was swallowing his boogers – yuck.)

Teresa saw that the movie The Informant (about Mark Felt and the Watergate scandal) was coming starring Liam Neeson.  I told her I had already seen it and it’s too political for her.

We quickly caught a taxi back to the apartment.

I received an email from Jose that he has a pain in his leg so he doesn’t want to go out tomorrow.  I told him to be careful that it wasn’t a blood clot.  We’ll get together next week.

The plan tomorrow is for Teresa to go to the finca to see if the “garden” was trimmed adequately and pay the man and I’m going bike riding and run other errands.


T-shirt of the day: Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment