Friday, January 12, 2018

Thursday, January 11, 2018

As usual, while I was having a breakfast of French toast, Teresa had the program Dia a Dia (Day to Day) on TV.   Besides the usual hosts, there were 4 young men, and 4 young women sitting on tall stools.  The band off to the side starts playing some stripper like music and one of the girls gets off her stool and starts strutting across the floor, taking off her jacket and putting her shoulders back to accentuate her large chest.  I call Teresa to come look at this and she comes out of the kitchen and starts asking me “what? the jacket?  the dress?  what?”  I said, never mind.  It was only a few minutes later when the girl made another pass and Teresa points out to me her large chest.  “Really?  You only noticed it now?”  What a country!

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left the apt.


I walked down to the Gana store where I added 50mil to Teresa’s cell phone.  I stopped at Exito to withdraw a little cash.  At the metro there was a girl working Herman’s orange juice stand.  I took the metro to the Stadium station, checked out a bicycle and rode to the airport.  On my way back I returned the bicycle to the Rosales station.

I finished reading Michael Connelly’s The Black Box: Harry Bosch #16 and downloaded Elizabeth Kolbert’s The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History.

I took the Metro Plus to Avenida 80 where I quickly caught a bus for 2,100 pesos to Viva Laureles mall.  Just like old times I had the chicken teriyaki at Sarku’s.  I made a trip to the restroom and then looked for a tech bag like I bought here 3 years or so ago.  No go.  I went across the street to Mall Laureles and bought 6 packages of toilet paper for 200 pesos each in their restroom.  Across the street I caught a Circular Sur 303 bus.  At one stop a blind man got on that I had seen before and he passed out packages of gum for purchase.  I gave it back along with 2,000 pesos and informed him that there isn’t anyone sitting on the other side of the bus.  At Aguacatala station I took the metro to Envigado.  Still no Herman at the juice stand.  I walked over to Exito where I bought a replacement container of protein powder for 89mil.  I walked up to the bakery where I bought a blueberry muffin.  All the tables were taken at Bartolos so I went across the street to one of the outdoor café/bakeries where I ate my muffin with 2 cups of café con leche. 

I was back at the apt by 4:15.  MT was there visiting.  Teresa told me that Esmeralda is going to call tonight because she needs her son’s help.

T-shirt of the day: Mickey who?  Wishing he were Bugs Bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment