Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

I slept pretty well last night despite it taking a while to fall asleep and getting up several times during the night – too much soda at the movies last night?

It rained during the night, is completely overcast this morning and my cellphone is predicting rain, no sun, and only a high of 75 degrees (very rare) so I’m probably not going biking today.  Teresa talked to the muchacho Miguel and he should finish cutting the garden tomorrow so she won’t be going there today.  We talked and decided I would assist her (somehow) in making the meatloaf today.  I guess I’ll be biking and doing my chores another day.

Surprise!  I got a Whatsapp message from Jose, my friend from the gym.  It was a simple joke so I sent a quick one back to him.

Laura forwarded me another letter this time from a couple in Australia.  Apparently, Laura asked for an 18-24 month gig and from the link the couple sent her not only is an Australian au pair Visa only good for 12 months but Colombia is not on their approved list.  So much for that.

I check Immigration every day for my Cedula number but they haven’t updated their site since January 2nd.

Well, Teresa and I assembled a meat loaf following the Betty Crocker cookbook instructions … BUT … we used ground sage because we didn’t have chopped or dried sage, we didn’t have ground mustard, we used 2 medium eggs because we didn’t have a large egg, and the lower oven burner doesn’t work so Wilson wrapped the whole dish in aluminum foil.  We’ll see how this turns out.
Btw, I forgot to mention that last Sunday afternoon I made myself a cheese sandwich with 2 slices of bread, butter, and 2 slices of cheddar cheese in my new Teflon pan.  It was pretty good, Teresa liked it, but next time I’ll use 3 slices of cheese.

At the hour and 10 minute mark we removed the meat loaf and Teresa checked it and proclaimed there was too much liquid and it needed to be cooked longer.  We put it back in the oven.

I received an email from Envios Market that I have a document to be picked up.  I still haven’t received my February payment receipt.

At 3pm the rain started.  (It continued for a couple hours.)

At the 2 hour and 10 minute mark we removed the meat loaf and Teresa checked it again.  It still had a lot of liquid at the ends.  We tried a piece of it and it was good but obviously a little undercooked.

At the 3 hour mark we removed the meat loaf and there was still a lot of liquid at the end.  We poured out some of the liquid and put it back in the oven – this time without the aluminum foil.

At the 3 ½ hour mark we removed the meat loaf permanently.  It looked a little crispy on top so I knew it wouldn’t be a good idea to put it in again.  We tried it and it was good although a little dry.  I think the next time we try making meatloaf will be when we have a good working oven.

Teresa told me she wants to go visit someone in Itagui to try something.  I had her spell it out for me and it was “natilla” which translated to “custard”.  I said I would go with her.

I received an email from Envios Market and Nobraskja said she’s waiting for the new computer system to be installed.

That was a little strange.  Teresa asked me if I wanted to go with her to Itagui.  I said yes.  Over the next hour she asked me several times more if I wanted to go with her and I replied yes.  It seemed like either she had forgotten to ask me or she wanted me to change my mind.  The last time she asked me I said I would stay and watch out for Laura.  She left about 6:30.

I heated up a piece of meatloaf in the microwave for my dinner.

Teresa came back about 9:15 with the natilla.  It’s something I’ve had before.  I can eat it but it isn’t something I really like.


T-shirt of the day: Leased area.

No comments:

Post a Comment