Thursday, January 4, 2018

Wednesday, January 3, 2018


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 5:15, then woke/got up at 8:15. 

Teresa informed me we have no running water.  Yikes!  At least we have internet.

Almost every day I check online to see if my Cedula is ready for pickup.  Not yet!

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then left for the gym.  I had with me a gym bag with everything (I thought) I would need to take a shower after my workout.  Jose informed me he read in El Colombiano newspaper that the water would be off today until 5pm.

Taking my shower they have a button you push that gives you water for 30 seconds.  It was just as cold as in the apartment.  I guess they are forcing you to take a military shower.  After I soaped up everything but my face I pushed it again and this time it slowly warmed up eventually turning hot.  One more time for my face and I was done.

Back at my locker I found I had forgotten to pack underwear and socks.  I dressed and headed back to the apt.

Still no water.

On the news I saw that Colombia experienced inflation of 3.3% last year.

It’s 5pm and still no water.

It’s 6pm and still no water.

Laura left at 6:30 to go take a shower at MT’s apartment and then go to the gym.

It’s 7pm and still no water.

Teresa and I were beginning to feel a little hungry.  She didn’t want to order from the nearby La Casita Parilla because they wouldn’t have water either.  I walked about 3 blocks to El Catedral for empanadas.  From the sign I could see they had 2 types – one for 1,600 pesos and the other for 2,000 pesos.  I remembered from before that there was one type I liked more than the other but I had no idea which type it was.  So, this time I bought 6 of the 2,000 peso type, next time I’ll try the other.

It’s 8pm and still no water.

I was watching a movie when Teresa informed me about 9:15 that we had our water back.

Laura came back about 15 minutes later.

I went to bed at 11pm.
Sign announcing new security camera across the street.


T-shirt of the day: Built Ford tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment